Recommendations please for furnished apartment/house rental inside the Moat/Old City (Or very close).

JimmyJ

1 bedroom is fine for an apartment (or studio possibly).

No crokey-okie, no construction, no.barking dogs.

(No idea why it's underlining - It won't let me unselect the "U" function which I have never used in any post).

Edited by JimmyJ

You're living in the city.  City noise is a given.  Today maybe their is no construction; tomorrow they are building a condo or hotel next to where you live.  Soi dogs are a fact of life just like pigeons.  Noise is a fact of life in CM.  If you don't like noise?  Then move outside of town.

It's a renter's market for apartments.  Like someone else said - drive around until you find a few places that appeal to you and then negotiate a price.  Check multiple locations so you understand the going prices of rentals.  Economically, Chiang Mai is butt-hurt.  You should be able to find a good apartment on the cheap. 

• Like 1

When I moved to CM 7 years ago, I stayed in a hotel in the old city for a couple of months. When  I finally got time to look for a more permanent place, I went for a walk and found a nice garden flat about 100 meters down the road and I've been here ever since

3 hours ago, Foxy52 said:

When I moved to CM 7 years ago, I stayed in a hotel in the old city for a couple of months. When  I finally got time to look for a more permanent place, I went for a walk and found a nice garden flat about 100 meters down the road and I've been here ever since

Twice I've spent time in the Old City, living in a hotel for 1 month and then for 3 months.

I've walked all over the Old City, but have found it very difficult to spot desirable looking apartment buildings - when I did take a look they were never of interest - and never spotted a house for rent that looked worth enquiring about.

If you don't mind, please pm me the name/address of your apt. building and I will take a look when I get back.

Edited by JimmyJ

Im in the city..moved here last week from out in mae hia.....whats your budget as i saw a really nice place monthly inclusive for 9000----one for 5000 and a nice new one for 6000 and 4000.....im paying 3000    small room  free water and wifi....can PM me if u want as i bike the city daily always scoping out the perfect place

• Thanks 1