Here is Something which you might sip, in order to help you savor your coffee, tomorrow morning: Ultimate Confrontation between Gore Vidal, Norman Mailer, and Fanny Brice. (Worth your Time!)

My Dearest Friends,

aa.  As you may know, some guys here prefer to have something interesting to wake up to, in the mornings, besides listening to their wives, in Thailand.

bb. And so, sometimes I feel great angst for them, and some sort of responsibility to provide a diversion from their wives, while drinking their coffee in the mornings.  Please believe me, I do feel this heavy burden, rather often.

cc.  And so, you can imagine how happy I was to find this wonderful confrontation between Cavett, Gore Vidal, Norman Mailer, and some extremely intelligent old bag from the New Yorker, a woman I have always found smarter and more refreshing than most men.

dd. When this Dick Cavett show first aired, I was somewhere between Ras Tanura and Danang.  And, it was just two days ago that I finally found this great debate, complete with headbutting, after missing it the first time in 1971.

ee.  Dick Cavett was from Yale, and maybe also from Wales, but I am not sure about the last part. Or, maybe he was from Nebraska.

ff.  Seems as if Cavett is still alive, today.  Amazing, and more power to this wonderful man.

gg. I do not wish to get sidetracked here.

The New Yorker lady, smart as a tack, who appeared with Mailer and Gore is was Janet Flanner.

hh. Well, anyway, back in the day, watching the Cavett show was truly stimulating and amazing.  And, did you know that Cavett was/is an introvert?  Huge anxiety before each broadcast, according to him.

ii.  So, anyway, if you are interested, over your coffee, tomorrow morning, then you might further investigate this interview, including the headbutting of Mailer on Vidal, and so many other interesting things. Because, in Thailand, is it not nice to have something to research on the Internet while one exists in the jungle of SE Asia, over coffee, in the mornings?  

jj. When I first read TV, I did not realize I had so much in common with souls here, until someone suggested I go to the Farang Pub. And, I am so happy for this advice.

kk. There is no doubt that some of you, over coffee, tomorrow morning, will thank me for this gift, this link, which I will post below.  Anything we can do in order to distract ourselves from this ennui in the jungle is always so very welcome.

LMNOP:  Best to all of you, guys who wake in the mornings, and enjoy good coffee, read the London Times, and the NYT, as well.

If you do not like this link, then, so solly, because, in my opinion, it is priceless.

Very best,

Regards,

Glob

Note:  Enjoy your coffee, tomorrow morning.  As you know, I care about you, like brothers.

Note2:  If this Cavett thing, this kind of entertainment, is now behind us, then what might we have to look forward to?  And, if there is just pabulum, then what is the point of rolling out of bed, unless one might have some very young thing from Pattaya?  (Far better to be stimulated intellectually, rather than sexually, in my humble opinion, any day)

Sometimes, when one thinks of Norman Mailer, then one's mind begins to stray to the likes of Norman Bates.

Whether or not you might feel this way, at least hopefully, tomorrow morning, over coffee and toast, you might enjoy this Cavett interview.

Although Dick Cavett was born in Nebraska, some say he actually hailed from Wales.

He had a barb to his tongue.

Enjoy.

On 3/7/2022 at 12:46 PM, herfiehandbag said:

I drink tea in the mornings.

Do you drink red or green, or black, or Chinese, or Ceylon, or...what tea is best for you in the mornings, when you roll out of your rack, bleary eyed?

And, do you roll out of your bed, just like Norman Mailer, on so many of his mornings, completely hung over and ready to fight?

At least, Truman Capote was better, in some ways.

Here is a link to inform you about Capote, and how he shifted from Tea in the mornings to Whiskey, as his day wore on.

Sometimes I wonder why we bother to read novelists and, especially, popular writers, who have nothing important to say, unless it might be to explain to us why they are more important than we.