Pattaya Mayor says “many” foreign companies and investors interested in investing in monorail, project is proceeding forward

webfact

monorail-696x464.jpg

By Adam Judd

Pattaya, Thailand - The Pattaya Mayor, Sonthaya Khunplume, spoke to the press this weekend about the long-debated and discussed light rail/monorail project, reassuring residents that the project had not been canceled and was still in progress.

According to the Pattaya Mayor, multiple foreign investors and capital companies are still interested in the project and an initial investment of 20 billion baht is likely to take place.

Further discussions and planning and the public/private/partnership (PPP) process are set to take place during the 2022-2023 year, specifically around finalizing routes and types of light rails, such as a propulsion system or magnetic system.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/05/pattaya-mayor-says-many-foreign-companies-and-investors-interested-in-investing-in-monorail-project-is-proceeding-forward/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-03-07

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

I actually thought this plan had died a death as the hi-speed railway station stop had been moved out to the wilds of Huay Yai. 

9 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Keep it simple go for a light city trams this elevated stuff looks horrible. 

Not much space at ground level maybe....

• Thanks 1

I still have the vision of an unfinished Skytrain platform  outside my condo in Laski back in 2007.  Nope.  I don't think I'm interested in investing in monorails in Thailand.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I actually thought this plan had died a death as the hi-speed railway station stop had been moved out to the wilds of Huay Yai. 

Trams use existing roads and normal traffic can still use them between trams.  The hard bit would be explaining to the locals that trams can't dodge!  ????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

Trams use existing roads and normal traffic can still use them between trams.  The hard bit would be explaining to the locals that trams can't dodge!  ????

A single cement truck, or motorcycle/ sidecar food seller can choke up the Pattaya roads..... a few trundling trams will bring it to a halt. How soon we forget the pre-Covid misery......

14 hours ago, sharecropper said:

One word of caution for any corporate investor: Hopewell.

The Hopewell case is now, almost unbelievably, going to retrial after the government were ordered to pay thb 24 billion in compensation. 

No-one in their right mind would get involved with these crooks. 

23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Can be mostly a mono rail placement sharing by trams coming from both directions just the stations needs a short dubbel rail. Also the other traffic  can override the rails. City light trams can be built in 3 years time while their Sky Train will take 30 years.