APRC Urges Government to Balance Ties With U.S. and China

snoop1130

This man seem to forget something, and that is what he is proposing have already been done previously.  Therefor both US and China knows that Thailand cant be trusted because they will play boths sides until things escalate Thailand will always side with whoever seems strongest at that particular moment and when it turns out the side they picked werent the strongest they will flipflop and turn against them. 

Yeah no, i'm pretty sure that wont work again because both sides expect it. 

Personally i firmly believe in case of a conflict Thailand would just repeat ww2 and side with China and when they realise they have overestimated China's capabilities they will flipflop and side with the US

Edited by Okis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Surakiart, a former deputy prime minister and foreign affairs minister, said Thailand must adapt to changes in its relations with superpowers, as these developments will have unavoidable consequences for the Kingdom.

That's a tough one for Thailand... China wants you for an allie and USA wants trade.

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Asian Peace and Reconciliation Council (APRC) has urged the Thai government to consider balancing its relations with China and the United States.

Translated:
Don't p***-off the US or you'll get sanctioned.

19 hours ago, Okis said:

This man seem to forget something, and that is what he is proposing have already been done previously.  Therefor both US and China knows that Thailand cant be trusted because they will play boths sides until things escalate Thailand will always side with whoever seems strongest at that particular moment and when it turns out the side they picked werent the strongest they will flipflop and turn against them. 

Yeah no, i'm pretty sure that wont work again because both sides expect it. 

Personally i firmly believe in case of a conflict Thailand would just repeat ww2 and side with China and when they realise they have overestimated China's capabilities they will flipflop and side with the US

Tradition to side with Chinese kinship in one form or another.

In comparable terms - both have parasitical leanings. 

Best to put one's trust in Asian than the historic snakey blue-eyed devils.