Air Conditioner Issue

swm59nj

Again thanks for the people that gave me advice regarding what could be the issue.

I just wanted to add this.  I posted in the electrical forum.  I posted in that forum for an appliance issue. Not to ask about if Im responsible to make repairs or not.  Unfortunately that got into the mix. Where I was told I have no idea about contracts, renting, responsibility , etc. 

Im not going to get into a debate on this. I just wanted to clear the air.  Im not bragging.  And Im attaching the section of my contract showing what the owner is responsible for.  I would never rent a place where Im responsible to replace and repair every single thing. Especially involving major issues.  Then the owner is collecting rent and doing nothing. I can see the renter responsible for things like bulbs and that type of thing.  That is just common sense. And changing a bulb is not a repair in my opinion.

And for myself supposedly not knowing anything about contracts or renting.  Im soon to be 67 years old. In my lifetime I have owned and sold two homes and a condo in the states, all involving contracts.  In my younger years I rented a few apartments, with contracts.  The condo I sold I lived there twenty years. For fifteen of those years I was on the condo board, including serving as vice-president.  So I delt with many contracts, contractors, owners, renters, legalities, etc.  And I realize that was not Thailand.

The issue I see from personal experience and other renters here in Thailand.  Some of the attitude is the owner is under the impression the contract means nothing. In reality it probably doesnt.  The choice is if you allow them to get away with it or not.lease.thumb.jpg.523423ba83ebcf7dae0178ed19d66b23.jpg