Your favorite take aways / delivery RESTAURANTS?

Na Fan

Can't say these are great places by any means, usually all delivery food is subpar as it isn't fresh like when you eat at a restaurant, I've just been eating meals at "the coffee club" and "eat am are" recently, fairly healthy. Bonchon seems to have the better fried chicken vs other chains. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Can't say these are great places by any means, usually all delivery food is subpar as it isn't fresh like when you eat at a restaurant, I've just been eating meals at "the coffee club" and "eat am are" recently, fairly healthy. Bonchon seems to have the better fried chicken vs other chains. 

Right, eating food fresh out of the pan is obviously better than delivery - but that's beside the point of this post ????

I ordered pizza from a place on grab I had never heard of the other day called Outlaw Pizza.....I thought it was much better than New York pizza....Their All-meat pizza had a-lot of meat on it........I think its my new pizza place.....

By the limited number of posts here...

It looks like to me almost no one here orders food with apps and the few who do must always get food not worth recommending...

Or maybe very few here have smartphones...Maybe most people on Thai visa phones look like this....

Dezeen's most memorable classic mobiles from the pre-iPhone era

Edited by redwood1

On 3/11/2022 at 7:23 AM, redwood1 said:

By the limited number of posts here...

It looks like to me almost no one here orders food with apps and the few who do must always get food not worth recommending...

Or maybe very few here have smartphones...Maybe most people on Thai visa phones look like this....

Yes I am surprised nobody gives a damn. Or maybe people always cook at home? We just don't have the time and energy for that.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 1:27 PM, redwood1 said:

Not a fan of Everest Indian Restaurant.....I have tried about 4 cheap online Indian restaurants...I am not fully happy with any of them....I am still looking.....

Try Honest Indian my current favorite. Grab.

• Like 1

Hi all.

I'm not being territorial.but it behooves me to mention that information and opinions about delivery food options have been and still are very welcome on this very long established topic:

Some members whined about this but too bad.

https://aseannow.com/topic/608166-the-hit-and-run-restaurant-review-thread/page/215/#comment-17232908

Many of us including me are still very much hooked on delivery food. 

The quality degradation issues vary based on

Type of dish

Packaging.quality

Distance and time

Things like fried foods and pizza very sensitive to time to delivery

Boner Appetite.

Edited by Jingthing

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I give a big damn!

RIP Hungry Now

Hungry Now was GREAT for western food specials of the day...The other apps do very poor specials especially for western food.......I mostly ordered off Hungry Now.....

RIP.....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Hungry Now was GREAT for western food specials of the day...The other apps do very poor specials especially for western food.......I mostly ordered off Hungry Now.....

RIP.....

Another thing about Hungry Now.

They were the only service that had that excellent little Sichuan Chinese restaurant on the top floor of Terminal 21.

I hope they join another service!

So what is the freakin' deal with Food Moover?

That is the only delivery service that I haven't used.

Why?

I don't get their deal.

You login and start clicking on their restaurant listings and what you see are restaurants that they don't actually have.

So annoying!

Big waste of time.

If I'm clicking I want to eat soon, not be coq au vin teased.

Do they have a filter option to only see places you can actually order from?

A similar issue at Lineman but much less severe.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I order from Central Eatery via Grab quite often and particularly when their is a “flash deal” discount (generally 120b discount off a required 350b).  I am not a foodie per se but have always been happy with quality and quantity.

E9BF8D71-B990-454A-9F31-B6E4628AA632.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TimBKK said:

I order from Central Eatery via Grab quite often and particularly when their is a “flash deal” discount (generally 120b discount off a required 350b).  I am not a foodie per se but have always been happy with quality and quantity.

E9BF8D71-B990-454A-9F31-B6E4628AA632.jpeg

I used to order from here quite often, just curious what do you usually order? The food is usually not that great in my opinion. But I haven’t ordered much 

I’ve tried the salmon / cauliflower rice bowl, chicken quinoa bowl, grilled chicken, pork skewers, the Thai curries/Thai dishes, som tom, sushi, tried some of the pasta’s, quesadilla, man’s maybe a few other things. 

I will say the som tom was actually one of the few som toms I liked in Thailand, the papaya/vegetables weren't soggy and and were crunchy, tasted a lot fresher. The Thai dishes were pretty good but everything else was cold/pre-prepared and left out 

I found ordering from restaurants to taste much better, I’ve been to central eatery in person and lots of the food is like whole foods where it’s pre-prepared

Edited by dj230

• 2 weeks later...

There is place on Grab called... Boom Ice Cream.....That I spoke of before.....

I have tried many of their flavors, but I was not impressed....( the mango is ok)

But for some reason their Durian Ice Cream is fantastically good...So good it could be some of the best Ice cream I have ever had....

I was wondering if anyone else has tried their Durian Ice cream? I would like a second opinion if any one has tried it....Maybe I am just nuts for Durian? I don't know....

Edited by redwood1

17 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

But for some reason their Durian Ice Cream is fantastically good...So good it could be some of the best Ice cream I have ever had....

I can imagine it is..... I like durian, much to my wife's annoyance, but had to have it chilled with vanilla ice-cream. 

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

I have tried many of their flavors, but I was not impressed....( the mango is ok)

I was wondering if anyone else has tried their Durian Ice cream? I would like a second opinion if any one has tried it....Maybe I am just nuts for Durian? I don't know....

Their coconut ice cream is the best. Thurian is ok, but has no aroma ????  Their coconut ice cream is the in-house ice cream at Ninja on Third road.

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

I actually sought out their place after sampling their ice cream at Ninja. It's in a street behind Banglamung market. As was usual in Thailand, there were a few other coconut ice cream makers on that street. On the corner, 'Mr Soda's convenience store' keeps a stock of the locally made ice cream in stock; usually coconut, thurian and coconut ice cream with bits within that the locals like ????