Plan to make COVID-19 endemic disease in Thailand from July 1 approved

snoop1130

1 hour ago, kotsak said:

You are very kind.. 50 years is an understatement.. ???? Mostly agrarian, just getting through the agricultural revolution. Jethro Tull would be seen as a magician.

In what way is Thailand 50 years behind most countries?

Here are some rankings without the 50 year handycap:

Human Development Index rank 79/189 and rising at one of the highest rates
GDP per capita rank 104/216 
Economic freedom rank 42/180
Standard of living rank 72/189
Quality of Life rank 72/200

19 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

The face mask manufacturers won't be happy.

Don't count your chickens yet. Read the full article:

'however, that even if COVID becomes an endemic disease, the population may still be required to wear face masks, avoid group gatherings, wash their hands often, undergo rapid antigen tests and get vaccinated to reduce the risk of severe cases'.

I sure hope not though, I hate the masks. Both seeing them and wearing them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, farangnomore said:

Illiterate/ignorant officials do not know the meaning of word endemic.  It simply refers to species being limited to a geographic locality.  They will make a disease local to some area by a decree?  Amazing Thailand.

Endemic seems about right to me and the Very Well Health website seems to agree.

Edited by Moonlover

The virus may have a completely different plan (no medals)! It is inconceivable that there will not be a new strain sooner or later. Might be fine, might be doomsday. Certainly the focus should be on getting the rest of the world three-dose vaxxed with effective vaccines immediately.

8 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

The virus may have a completely different plan (no medals)! It is inconceivable that there will not be a new strain sooner or later. Might be fine, might be doomsday. Certainly the focus should be on getting the rest of the world three-dose vaxxed with effective vaccines immediately.

There will be another strain.  Likely be fine.

Why get a "vaccine" that doesn't provide immunity?  You can still get and spread covid with the current vaccines.  You can't boost your way out of it.

Obligatory stats showing majority of people don't die from covid.  Rates very similar before "vaccine" as well except for elderly.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographics

On 3/9/2022 at 4:41 PM, ikke1959 said:

And how about the rest of the world????? Thailand can make it an endemic, but maybe other countries don't follow and so do tourists

I'd rather say Thailand will be late to the party in July.

11 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

There are always new strains like with many viruses but current variants and vaccines seem to give good protection against other strains as well. There is nothing new about this either that we haven't seen in the past. The doomsdayers and what-if-panickers will always lose sleep over what could be ahead of us.

4 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Why get a "vaccine" that doesn't provide immunity?

Because when I-age 82- did get it recently it was almost certainly the vaccines I took that were the main reason that it amounted to almost nothing and was gone in 10 days. That's my presumption, but nothing can be "proven", so I guess we'll just have to keep beating this dead horse forever.

• Like 1