No Government strategy again to ensure effective boostering?

Dasekel

On 3/10/2022 at 10:38 PM, treetops said:

As well as the Banglamung Hospital ones mentioned above (I got mine at the sports stadium in December last year) there has also been sessions at Central Festival and Royal Garden Plaza, although I'm not sure which hospital administered these.  I believe the Royal Garden Plaza one is still going, although perhaps at a lower frequency than initially.

Those were for the first 2 shots and they were actually offered for free, because one needs to vaccinate all or a large enough number of the residents in Thailand (including forigners!) in order to disrupt the transmission.

36 minutes ago, Dasekel said:

Those were for the first 2 shots and they were actually offered for free, because one needs to vaccinate all or a large enough number of the residents in Thailand (including forigners!) in order to disrupt the transmission.

Nonsense.  Boosters available at all these locations for foreigners and Thais alike.  All free.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dasekel said:

"If really so eager to get booster, why don't pay for it???"

Is that your answer? The point is about not having a strategy to roll out boosters. They even asked a few days all "elderly" to be boostered before Songkran. Every person who get infected with Covid-19 can infect others and thus help spreading the disease. This applies to everybody, including foreigners. I still have found no information about any boosters to be provided in Pattaya, including for Thais (such as my wife).

Are you really searched for the information? ????????????

image.png.515fb1afec9decc7a3504ca764714968.png

On 3/11/2022 at 3:18 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

WELL SAID. Nothing else is free for farangs in Thailand, so why do some expect boosters to be free?

Up to the individual to make it happen in LOS, as it's not a nanny state country.

"Make it happen" are the key words. I pushed to have Sinovac and AZ, because I was not prepared to wait until Moderna and Pfizer trickled through the red tape. When I was denied a booster shot in Chiang Rai, I got Pfizer in my GF's village.

I was quite prepared to pay for all my jabs, but as it happened they were all free.

I certainly would not have had any vaccinations just waiting for someone to notice me.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 8:31 AM, tonray said:

Booster shots and scheduling (Via mobile phone provider sites) readily available in Bangkok. Perhaps you should contact local Pattaya officials and ask why they are behind.

Booster shots are available on a walk-in basis at the Bang Sue Central Vaccination Center in Bangkok without the need for any pre-registration or appointment. And, just today, the government announced they were shortening the waiting time for 3rd dose booster shots to only 90 days after the second dose, and offered 4th shot booster doses 120 days later to people who had two original AstraZeneca doses followed by a 3rd shot mRNA booster. Details in the linked post below:

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1