Why Can't I Complain? Who Says I Have To Like Everything?

jeffrosner

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever anyone here complains or bitches about something in Thailand there will be an onslaught of TV posters who will tell the poster that he has balls to complain about anything and he should like it or leave it.

Balls.

Is it that everyone here suffers from low self-esteem or is it the groupthink here that we should all put on a smiley face when someone dumps a ton of $hit in our front yard? I want to know what's with you hooligans who descend on any poster, especially someone who is just starting out here, who says anything that can be construed as a criticism of Thailand.

And let's get all the crap out of the way:

USA is crap.

GB is crap.

France is full of venomous muslims flipping cars instead of burgers at the local barf and brew.

Wherever you come from is crap.

Got it? So don't bring up how things are bad in your country or freaking Albania for Christ's sake as an excuse why we should smile when there is a steaming pile of poo in our front yard that the neighbor just happened to put there instead of his own.

------------------------

Hello Rosner. My name is Pepe'.

I would like to say thank you for calling, "a spade a spade."

Seconded.

Having a bad day, Rosie?

Not particularly, my little finger is broken, I've got Giardia, I haven't had a good crap in 3 days and the Metronidazole that I've been taking for the last week has made me nauseous 24/7 for the last 24 hours X 7.

My husky is shedding her entire undercoat - everywhere, I've been meaning to drop off papers at Immigration for the last 3 days but the grumbling in my stomach has kept me from doing so and the threat of that monster crap that always looms when it hasn't happened has kept me indoors for days. My wife still insists on putting food to rot in the magic cabinet and then she eats while telling me it won't kill me to do the same.

My cat barfs twice a day because he steals the dog's food and it doesn't sit well with him. My housekeeper throws away any paper that is important but leaves crap that isn't.

My neighbor has gotten into a do it yourself kick and has recently been doing construction. The faceless workers behind my house are still doing construction on the new house behind mine and now I can't walk around naked anymore for fear of shaking it at some 14 year old painting.

My dog ate the boy's toys out of the stroller and made <deleted>&$&$& mince out of the mosquito netting so now he comes back the other day with bites on his face. I've got tremendous gas that should require a no smoking sign and I'm fearful if someone lights a match or turns on the stove. My wife glares at me when I fart in bed and every fart is of the uncertain variety where you're just sure you should do it or not but not doing it becomes less of an option with each passing second.

How are you doing?

:o:D :D BRILLIANT! I salute you Sir.

Having a bad day, Rosie?

Not particularly, my little finger is broken, I've got Giardia, I haven't had a good crap in 3 days and the Metronidazole that I've been taking for the last week has made me nauseous 24/7 for the last 24 hours X 7.

My husky is shedding her entire undercoat - everywhere, I've been meaning to drop off papers at Immigration for the last 3 days but the grumbling in my stomach has kept me from doing so and the threat of that monster crap that always looms when it hasn't happened has kept me indoors for days. My wife still insists on putting food to rot in the magic cabinet and then she eats while telling me it won't kill me to do the same.

My cat barfs twice a day because he steals the dog's food and it doesn't sit well with him. My housekeeper throws away any paper that is important but leaves crap that isn't.

My neighbor has gotten into a do it yourself kick and has recently been doing construction. The faceless workers behind my house are still doing construction on the new house behind mine and now I can't walk around naked anymore for fear of shaking it at some 14 year old painting.

My dog ate the boy's toys out of the stroller and made <deleted>&$&$& mince out of the mosquito netting so now he comes back the other day with bites on his face. I've got tremendous gas that should require a no smoking sign and I'm fearful if someone lights a match or turns on the stove. My wife glares at me when I fart in bed and every fart is of the uncertain variety where you're just sure you should do it or not but not doing it becomes less of an option with each passing second.

How are you doing?

good answer. im ok too.

Its all become clear now. I was worried that there was something seriously wrong with Rosner. Anyone who consistently talks in the "Third person" is subject to that kind of suspicion. But it turns out that he is just old and bitter that life didn't turn out exactly the way he envisioned, and he wants to dish out a little of his misery onto others.

Ill be adding him to the ignore list now. Happy gas Ros!

gee, thanks for the announcement. like any of us care.

i found the diatribe more amusing than anything i have read here in ages.

i pity your inability to discern the difference between reality and pisstake. I bet you are annoyed by terry57 as well

Edited by t.s

Having a bad day, Rosie?

How are you doing?

good answer. im ok too.

T.S., did Rosie ask you how you were? NO. Did you have the good manners to ask Rosie how he is? NO. But, despite your lack of manners, I am glad you are OK, too. (Don't forget the comma there.)

Rosie, I am sorry about the food in the cabinet and all the other stuff. I hope you can get counselling for your dog. Sometimes eating papaya helps gastrich problems.

Having a bad day, Rosie?

How are you doing?

good answer. im ok too.

T.S., did Rosie ask you how you were? NO. Did you have the good manners to ask Rosie how he is? NO. But, despite your lack of manners, I am glad you are OK, too. (Don't forget the comma there.)

Rosie, I am sorry about the food in the cabinet and all the other stuff. I hope you can get counselling for your dog. Sometimes eating papaya helps gastrich problems.

I think you can use some counselling yourself as well.Why you always like to point out the punctuations in writing skills.

You really start to 'irk 'me.this is an open forum not a teacher one :o

Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya

Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya

Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya

Oh lord, kumbaya

Someones singing lord, kumbaya

Oh lord, kumbayah

Someones laughing, lord, kumbaya

Oh lord, kumbaya

Someones crying, lord, kumbaya

Oh lord, kumbaya

Someones praying, lord, kumbaya

Oh lord, kumbaya

Someones sleeping, lord, kumbaya

Oh lord, kumbaya

Oh lord, kumbaya

Eventhougn Rosner is having a bad time and may be spouting a little, he has certainly been responsible for some smiles and chuckles recently, so why you all judging him so negatively based on this one thread when all the others made you smile?

C'mon admit it, he's funny when he wants to be.

Hope everything gets better for you Rosner, and proudly display a one finger salute to those who wish otherwise upon you. I'm getting a little fed up with some of the TV'ers out there who just point and blame with no basis. A case in point, after the murder of two russian ladies in Pattaya, how many of you "people" jumped on the hooker bandwagon? If you did, shame on you.

Looking forward to the return of Rosner!

God bless you man.

got a very good point there my friend.

a newbie comes along that posts in a different way, takes the piss a bit, has a bit of a laugh at someones expense and the old hands come out with all guns blazing. :D

some of the old crew really think they have some sort of monopoly on this gig and lets remember that its a level play ground for all to contribute even if the old vangaurd dont like it.

thats what bedlam is for, as its the inside old boys club where other mortals cant come and play until they pass some god given test. :bah::D:o

carry on mr rosner and post away mate. :D

not bad down here in hua hin by the way. a bit bloody hot thou. :D

Its all become clear now. I was worried that there was something seriously wrong with Rosner. Anyone who consistently talks in the "Third person" is subject to that kind of suspicion. But it turns out that he is just old and bitter that life didn't turn out exactly the way he envisioned, and he wants to dish out a little of his misery onto others.

Ill be adding him to the ignore list now. Happy gas Ros!

gee, thanks for the announcement. like any of us care.

i found the diatribe more amusing than anything i have read here in ages.

i pity your inability to discern the difference between reality and pisstake. I bet you are annoyed by terry57 as well

cricky's mate, how could anybody possibly be annoyed by my top self. :o

got to be joking mate as its an impossibly aint it. :D

this is obviously directed at the topic at hand rather than mr rosners stomach problems. :o

"kitsch is the absolute denial of sh!t,in both the literal & figurative senses of the word;kitsch excludes everything from its purveiw which is essentially unacceptable in human existance"-milan kundera,1984

I guess I'd be more comfortable with the complainers if the nature of the complaints wasnt so infantile. Why can't things be more like home? Why can't Thais be more like farangs? Why can't they change the visa laws to suit me? Why can't they be happy that I want to spend my shitty little $1000 pension here? Why why why?

After a while, those whys turn into whines.

And it's always the same people . . . . .man of whom don't live here.

I guess I'd be more comfortable with the complainers if the nature of the complaints wasnt so infantile. Why can't things be more like home? Why can't Thais be more like farangs? Why can't they change the visa laws to suit me? Why can't they be happy that I want to spend my shitty little $1000 pension here? Why why why?

nice one bendix, as your the true voice of reason and a straight shooter just like my top self. :D

could not give atoss about these whinging wining punters as there posts are worthless. :D

thank you very much. :o

Whenever anyone here complains or bitches about something in Thailand there will be an onslaught of TV posters who will tell the poster that he has balls to complain about anything and he should like it or leave it.

Balls.

Is it that everyone here suffers from low self-esteem or is it the groupthink here that we should all put on a smiley face when someone dumps a ton of $hit in our front yard? I want to know what's with you hooligans who descend on any poster, especially someone who is just starting out here, who says anything that can be construed as a criticism of Thailand.

And let's get all the crap out of the way:

USA is crap.

GB is crap.

France is full of venomous muslims flipping cars instead of burgers at the local barf and brew.

Wherever you come from is crap.

Got it? So don't bring up how things are bad in your country or freaking Albania for Christ's sake as an excuse why we should smile when there is a steaming pile of poo in our front yard that the neighbor just happened to put there instead of his own.

Mr. Rosner is obviously having a bad day. I am thinking perhaps Mr. Rosner should find a suitable hobby, something that will calm Mr. Rosner down!

Why shouldn't we bring some civility to this country or any other country we dare bring our hard earned money? Dont' tell me that no one in the Thai Government ever gave thought to the money when they made it easy for the over 50 crowd to settle here and spend their life's savings. They want our money so why shouldn't we in turn be able to demand some civility.

We aren't here mooching off these people, we employ them, we buy things in their shops, their stalls, their restaurants. We spread the joy around - why shouldn't we be able to demand some back?

Who said you don't have the right to complain? But, whilst you having the right to complain, don't you think others also should have the right to voice their opinion about you? The attitude of you people?

You are implying that Thailand is begging you for the money. Are you doing charity to Thailand? If it wasn't for something you wanted here with your money, would you still be spending your money here? You are free to go spend money elsewhere!

What arrogance!!!

Civility. What civility are you talking about? Your way of civility or their way? There are those who think shit stinks but there could also be those who think shit smells good. There isn't a book in this world which tells you exactly what is right and what is wrong for people to follow. So things are different.

Are you saying that every complain here is justifiable? What is it to complain about uneven pavements in a developing country? It is stupidity in my opinion.

You have every right to complain but to think that just because you are paying is just arrogant! It's ironic that you say that every person on earth is selfish(while I agree) then to not think that all farangs who has chosen thailand are not. Don't you think you have stepped on your own toes?

nice one bendix, as your the true voice of reason and a straight shooter just like my top self. :D

could not give atoss about these whinging wining punters as there posts are worthless. :D

Yes, I agree Bendix stated it well. However, I do reserve the right to complain about shitty drivers downcountry, motorbike riders who merge into traffic without looking, poor environmental & water planning in Phuket etc.., wait.. I just agreed with the OP too?

I have found myself in agreement with all of Mr Bendix's posts recently.

Jet,

thanks for the style tutorial, but perhaps your sources are a little outmoded.

A comma can do some work in making the meaning of a sentence clear, but to claim two different meanings for I like apples and bananas too with and without a comma before too puts too much pressure on the comma. Out of context, neither version would be perfectly clear. To make the different meanings more apparent, short of additional context, you’d have to be more explicit:

I too like apples and bananas.I like not only apples but bananas too.

Use commas with too only when you want to emphasize an abrupt change of thought:

He didn’t know at first what hit him, but then, too, he hadn’t ever walked in a field strewn with garden rakes.

In most other cases, commas with this short adverb are unnecessary (an exception being sentences that begin with too—in the sense of also—a construction some writers would avoid as being too awkward).

http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/CMS_FA...s/Commas17.html

I know, its hard to shirk off years of Canadian education.

Yes, I agree Bendix stated it well. However, I do reserve the right to complain about shitty drivers downcountry, motorbike riders who merge into traffic without looking, poor environmental & water planning in Phuket etc.., wait.. I just agreed with the OP too?

LOL ... whining about driving is an international phenomenon. Water and environmental planning? LOL be happy you are in Phuket and not Pattaya :D

I have found myself in agreement with all of Mr Bendix's posts recently.

Then you're obviously damned intelligent too . . . :o

Just to extend my point that most of the whiners don't live here. That's a bit simplistic. I would also argue that there is a distinct correlation between the whiners who DO live here, and their visa status. I'd lay a pound to a penny that the perpetual tourists are over-represented in the whining class.

Genuine longstayers - those committed to building a life here - seem to be more balanced and open-minded.

i would never consider myself a whiner although at times i do get frustrated with certain things here or not being able to get something done how i would like, but at the end of the day the pros still outweigh the cons in living here for me. But having said that if i want to whine i will ###### well have a good whine and no-one is going to stop me, you don't have to listen to me though.

Just to extend my point that most of the whiners don't live here. That's a bit simplistic. I would also argue that there is a distinct correlation between the whiners who DO live here, and their visa status. I'd lay a pound to a penny that the perpetual tourists are over-represented in the whining class.

Genuine longstayers - those committed to building a life here - seem to be more balanced and open-minded.

It kills me to lie down and agree completely with Bendix but the man is right here. I would add that there are also simply a lot of expats who are not, and never will be, suited to be expats. I've seen them all over the world, and to them, whining is a way of life, and any overseas living is hardship living.

I start to like your statements Bendix.

I start to enjoy how good you really are to set a 'bait'for the people who take it.

I do not really think you give a heck about the responses,but to very obviously take them out of their closet,don't you?

The people who give responses on the visa issues,live in Thailand and like I do have children,so to pick on us whining is not really

whining,we have got something to loose and to work for to cope.Unfortunately not everyone in society can make money that easy,even when they try hard,does not mean they not have a right staying in Thailand are we?

Although I must say that I not do not agree with how you look at things.Some I agree ,some not that many,does it really matter?

The thing is you make a point,and I do also,can we agree?

It kills me to lie down and agree completely with Bendix but the man is right here. I would add that there are also simply a lot of expats who are not, and never will be, suited to be expats. I've seen them all over the world, and to them, whining is a way of life, and any overseas living is hardship living.

Don't let it kill you. The path to reason doesnt have to be painful. :o

The same ones whining over here would be whining back where they came from ... some people are just not built to be happy!

I start to like your statements Bendix.

I start to enjoy how good you really are to set a 'bait'for the people who take it.

I do not really think you give a heck about the responses,but to very obviously take them out of their closet,don't you?

The people who give responses on the visa issues,live in Thailand and like I do have children,so to pick on us whining is not really

whining,we have got something to loose and to work for to cope.Unfortunately not everyone in society can make money that easy,even when they try hard,does not mean they not have a right staying in Thailand are we?

Although I must say that I not do not agree with how you look at things.Some I agree ,some not that many,does it really matter?

The thing is you make a point,and I do also,can we agree?

If we all agreed, this forum would die a boring death.

I have the utmost respect for people trying to build lives here with children. I don't have children here (although i'm working on it), but I do have a wife and a career and a keen desire to retain my lifestyle and build the future prosperity of what kids I am lucky enough to have.

Anyone with half a brain will see that many things are different from their home countries - well, duhhh, of course they are. Some people - most of us - will not understand why things are as they are. Those of us keen to move forward, enjoy our live and our families, will put those petty frustrations to one side and see the bigger picture. We won't assume 'everyone is out to get us'; instead we'll thank our lucky stars that our lives are so much better than 98% of the local population.

I think a big part of the whining class's problem is lack of choice. They usually have failed in their own country and thought they could cut it here. Usually, they scrape by on the bare bones of their <deleted> here. By then, many have burned their bridges at home, so going back isnt an option. What next? A Pattaya balcony? A career of complaints on Thaivisa? Phnom Penh? The choices arent great, I suppose. Hence the 'it's not fair, every Thai wants a bit of me' mentality.

Isnt it ironic? TV members here who one can tell are successful and have built lives here - Dr Naam, Thaipauly, NovemberRain, Ulysses etc and many more - never whine. The transient TV underclass, on the other hand . . .

Edited by bendix