Why Can't I Complain? Who Says I Have To Like Everything?

jeffrosner

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever anyone here complains or bitches about something in Thailand there will be an onslaught of TV posters who will tell the poster that he has balls to complain about anything and he should like it or leave it.

Balls.

Is it that everyone here suffers from low self-esteem or is it the groupthink here that we should all put on a smiley face when someone dumps a ton of $hit in our front yard? I want to know what's with you hooligans who descend on any poster, especially someone who is just starting out here, who says anything that can be construed as a criticism of Thailand.

And let's get all the crap out of the way:

USA is crap.

GB is crap.

France is full of venomous muslims flipping cars instead of burgers at the local barf and brew.

Wherever you come from is crap.

Got it? So don't bring up how things are bad in your country or freaking Albania for Christ's sake as an excuse why we should smile when there is a steaming pile of poo in our front yard that the neighbor just happened to put there instead of his own.

I totally agree. But as a newbie i have to tread very carefully.  Seems like being a newbie to this forum is equated to being a newbie on the planet, by the self proclaimed defenders of all that is Thai.  I have been in Thailand for 13 years and can recognize most of these types by their 'what do you know' attitude.

Just because one complains about something Thia doesnt mean it is to be compaired to the complainees

national standards.  Seems to me that the 'if you dont like it go back home' brigade are a buch of Thai

wannabees.  What is right is right and the right to express an opinion is currently a right (well almost)

Like that we do not disagree too much after all.People like dr Naam indeed never whines,I like how he makes his point,also is very knowledgable.But he also isn't a critic,tries to understand peoples situations ,and points out that with less (then he has) perfectly could be happy also,that is reasonable.Most of the people who are succesful in Thailand ,I think are from an older generation then I am.I am just 31 years old ,came here when 23,so I still have alot of time ahead of me.When I get to the older age(if I get that far) my children will be adults,also something nice to looking forward too.I must also say that it is interesting to read how people did it,I in this area still have many to learn.I am just starting,but I can cope pretty well allready,although I am not rich.I do realise that whining does not bring anyone much further,but I also agree the'whining'sometimes from people who are daddys over here,when rules change, things what you have planned forcan fade away rapidly,never ending story.Personally I not like to whine,it can be too much.And what Bendix points out is realistic,with that I never disagree,but I am happy you show respect for that.

Only when people are too lazy to do anything,well indeed they are just loosers.

Somebody else got something more to complain about :o ?

I start to like your statements Bendix.

I start to enjoy how good you really are to set a 'bait'for the people who take it.

I do not really think you give a heck about the responses,but to very obviously take them out of their closet,don't you?

The people who give responses on the visa issues,live in Thailand and like I do have children,so to pick on us whining is not really

whining,we have got something to loose and to work for to cope.Unfortunately not everyone in society can make money that easy,even when they try hard,does not mean they not have a right staying in Thailand are we?

Although I must say that I not do not agree with how you look at things.Some I agree ,some not that many,does it really matter?

The thing is you make a point,and I do also,can we agree?

absolutely not,

as bendix is a man and a man never rolls over does he bendix ?. :o

your doing very well whinging and whining so there's no need to ask approval of bendix. :D:D

thank you very much, and its bleeding hot here today in hua hin. :D

Theory number two:

A disproportionately high number of whiners live in Pattaya.

Question: Which comes first, the chicken or the egg? Is there something about living in Pattaya that makes people more likely to complain, or are those people who are most likely to make Pattaya their home the type who are more likely to complain?

I could write a book on all this . . . in fact, I think I might.

Edited by bendix

I think a big part of the whining class's problem is lack of choice. They usually have failed in their own country and thought they could cut it here. Usually, they scrape by on the bare bones of their <deleted> here. By then, many have burned their bridges at home, so going back isnt an option. What next? A Pattaya balcony? A career of complaints on Thaivisa? Phnom Penh? The choices arent great, I suppose. Hence the 'it's not fair, every Thai wants a bit of me' mentality.

This is a very good point Bendix, the whiners are very often people who are stuck in Thailand cos they have no choice, they have messed up their lives so much they cannot return to their old life no matter how much they want to.

To live in Thailand on a shoestring budget, scraping by each month, missing out on all you see richer Farangs do cannot be any fun, but many Farangs in Thailand are in that position, they get resentful of the more successful people around them, they blame Thailand for their plight when in fact its the path they chose in their lives.

Whiners in Thailand are usually scraping by with little choice, the non whiners usually are much happier cos they have the money to make choices.

And if a whiner has plenty of money and can make a choice of location as is unhappy in his present locale, then a visit to a Psychiatrist is in order.

I am whining?Surtenly not.Sometimes I join in a discussion which I can think i agree or not with.In my personal situation everything is well worked out.Does not mean I cannot agree with some members and other times with others, is nothing personal to any member.It is just what the talk is about,and what sometimes my personal thoughts and situation are with that,I also try to be reasonable Terry.Have we got a problem?

Theory number two:

Question: Which comes first, the chicken or the egg? Is there something about living in Pattaya that makes people more likely to complain, or are those people who are most likely to make Pattaya their home the type who are more likely to complain?

Put me down for 10 hardcover first editions please. :o

Theory number two:

You should,is it really that obvious?Happy I stay in the mountains :D I think the chicken comes first,cause with no chicken no egg...... :o

I start to like your statements Bendix.

I start to enjoy how good you really are to set a 'bait'for the people who take it.

I do not really think you give a heck about the responses,but to very obviously take them out of their closet,don't you?

The people who give responses on the visa issues,live in Thailand and like I do have children,so to pick on us whining is not really

whining,we have got something to loose and to work for to cope.Unfortunately not everyone in society can make money that easy,even when they try hard,does not mean they not have a right staying in Thailand are we?

Although I must say that I not do not agree with how you look at things.Some I agree ,some not that many,does it really matter?

The thing is you make a point,and I do also,can we agree?

If we all agreed, this forum would die a boring death.

I have the utmost respect for people trying to build lives here with children. I don't have children here (although i'm working on it), but I do have a wife and a career and a keen desire to retain my lifestyle and build the future prosperity of what kids I am lucky enough to have.

Anyone with half a brain will see that many things are different from their home countries - well, duhhh, of course they are. Some people - most of us - will not understand why things are as they are. Those of us keen to move forward, enjoy our live and our families, will put those petty frustrations to one side and see the bigger picture. We won't assume 'everyone is out to get us'; instead we'll thank our lucky stars that our lives are so much better than 98% of the local population.

I think a big part of the whining class's problem is lack of choice. They usually have failed in their own country and thought they could cut it here. Usually, they scrape by on the bare bones of their <deleted> here. By then, many have burned their bridges at home, so going back isnt an option. What next? A Pattaya balcony? A career of complaints on Thaivisa? Phnom Penh? The choices arent great, I suppose. Hence the 'it's not fair, every Thai wants a bit of me' mentality.

Isnt it ironic? TV members here who one can tell are successful and have built lives here - Dr Naam, Thaipauly, NovemberRain, Ulysses etc and many more - never whine. The transient TV underclass, on the other hand . . .

i would just like to make a comment about these punters that recon thailand is <deleted> and its better in phnom penh and cambodia in general. :D

now ive been there and all through cambodia and its a living breathing <deleted> hole. the only reason one could come to the conclusion that its gods gift to expats is if one had stepped on a land mine and had become brain damaged. :D

its good for a laugh thou when some cat throughs that old chestnut up, and i would like to say see you latter boys. :D

thank you very much. :D

and come on all you whining whinging punters, as monty python once said " lets look on the bright side of life." and if you cant, that new airport is waiting for you. one way trip to phnom penh sounds bleeding fantastic. :o

I am whining?Surtenly not.Sometimes I join in a discussion which I can think i agree or not with.In my personal situation everything is well worked out.Does not mean I cannot agree with some members and other times with others, is nothing personal to any member.It is just what the talk is about,and what sometimes my personal thoughts and situation are with that,I also try to be reasonable Terry.Have we got a problem?

na, we aint got a problem mate as long as you aint whinging to much that is. :o

im just backing me old sheep shaggin mate up as he got the boys rocking and rollin on this subject. :D

nice work bendix. :D

This is a very good point Bendix, the whiners are very often people who are stuck in Thailand cos they have no choice, they have messed up their lives so much they cannot return to their old life no matter how much they want to.

To live in Thailand on a shoestring budget, scraping by each month, missing out on all you see richer Farangs do cannot be any fun, but many Farangs in Thailand are in that position, they get resentful of the more successful people around them, they blame Thailand for their plight when in fact its the path they chose in their lives.

Whiners in Thailand are usually scraping by with little choice, the non whiners usually are much happier cos they have the money to make choices.

And if a whiner has plenty of money and can make a choice of location as is unhappy in his present locale, then a visit to a Psychiatrist is in order.

exactly what i feel as well, my man maigo,

a dude has to be a full on loser to cry about the place he is in and then still decide to stay there. :D

im just happy to say that in my circle of friends in los, there's not one whinger, as the boys would kick his arse all the way to the airport. :o

thank you very much. :D

na, we aint got a problem mate as long as you aint whinging to much that is. :o

im just backing me old sheep shaggin mate up as he got the boys rocking and rollin on this subject. :D

nice work bendix. :D

Like I told you I am not the headmaster of whining,sometimes I feel the urge to defend something when it is not fairly brought,thats all.If I was the headmaster this discussion would not be that friendly,I guess.I also intend not to get into the discussion anymore,makes me look a to serious MF,so this out of the world. :D

JR Texas: You have made a valid point......people who complain are often those that are down on their luck. But it is not that simple.

Some people complain who are on top of the mountain.....I can give you a history lesson, but just think about it for a moment. Think about some of the great leaders in history........did they complain?

President Lincoln, a real whiner who was obviously down on his luck, only reaching the presidency, said: "Labor is the superior of capital and deserves much the higher consideration." That was his way of complaining.......his way of pointing out that the people who do most of the work (those that are down on their luck) need to be treated fairly by those at the top (the rich and powerful who think they have it made and deserve it) and not ridiculed by them.

Great leaders, and common men with power and influence, often complain because they do not like the injustice, cruelty that they are witnessing. They want to make life better, not simply for the few, but for the many. Such men are great because they have a sense of compassion for fellow human beings and strive to use their lives/power to make the world a better place.

Some people actually feel a link to future generations.....a sense of responsibility to them, and they also complain. There many people who work for the United Nations that fall into this category. In a sense, you might call it a form of positive-negativism. Personally, what I prefer is for people to complain and then offer viable solutions.....that moves beyond whining into the real of positive-negativism.

But, again, Bendix, Maigo666, and Dumspero (I am sure he will chime in soon) are correct that many people who are down on their luck complain. I think I could be a billionaire and probably still would complain (but probably not as much) because of my feeling that we are all in this cesspool together...........I just do not like human suffering :o:D :D.......I am tired of it.

Eventhougn Rosner is having a bad time and may be spouting a little, he has certainly been responsible for some smiles and chuckles recently, so why you all judging him so negatively based on this one thread when all the others made you smile?

C'mon admit it, he's funny when he wants to be.

Hope everything gets better for you Rosner, and proudly display a one finger salute to those who wish otherwise upon you. I'm getting a little fed up with some of the TV'ers out there who just point and blame with no basis. A case in point, after the murder of two russian ladies in Pattaya, how many of you "people" jumped on the hooker bandwagon? If you did, shame on you.

Looking forward to the return of Rosner!

God bless you man.

got a very good point there my friend.

a newbie comes along that posts in a different way, takes the piss a bit, has a bit of a laugh at someones expense and the old hands come out with all guns blazing. :D

some of the old crew really think they have some sort of monopoly on this gig and lets remember that its a level play ground for all to contribute even if the old vangaurd dont like it.

thats what bedlam is for, as its the inside old boys club where other mortals cant come and play until they pass some god given test. :bah::D:o

carry on mr rosner and post away mate. :D

not bad down here in hua hin by the way. a bit bloody hot thou. :D

YEAH! THAILANDS TOO BLUDDY HOT!

Whenever anyone here complains or bitches about something in Thailand there will be an onslaught of TV posters who will tell the poster that he has balls to complain about anything and he should like it or leave it.

Balls.

Is it that everyone here suffers from low self-esteem or is it the groupthink here that we should all put on a smiley face when someone dumps a ton of $hit in our front yard? I want to know what's with you hooligans who descend on any poster, especially someone who is just starting out here, who says anything that can be construed as a criticism of Thailand.

And let's get all the crap out of the way:

USA is crap.

GB is crap.

France is full of venomous muslims flipping cars instead of burgers at the local barf and brew.

Wherever you come from is crap.

Got it? So don't bring up how things are bad in your country or freaking Albania for Christ's sake as an excuse why we should smile when there is a steaming pile of poo in our front yard that the neighbor just happened to put there instead of his own.

Sounds like your getting too much of one thing and not enough of the other Jeff :bah::bah: .

Take a 'jai yen' pill and smell the roses , life's too short :D:D:D:D:o .

Now that everyone is sufficiently afraid to whine for fear of retribution on this board I will give you one.

Why can't the Thais ever get right the phonetic translation of Thai words to English. Suvarnabhumi becomes Soowannaphoom? There must be a linguistic reason for it, but my Thai wife can't find it. It annoys her as much as me. Just drive cross country or town and see how many different spellings you can find for any place.

Now that everyone is sufficiently afraid to whine for fear of retribution on this board I will give you one.

Why can't the Thais ever get right the phonetic translation of Thai words to English. Suvarnabhumi becomes Soowannaphoom? There must be a linguistic reason for it, but my Thai wife can't find it. It annoys her as much as me. Just drive cross country or town and see how many different spellings you can find for any place.

asked and answered on the Thai language subforum .....

but the basic answer is that it is transliterated into English letter by letter. (many words from Pali etc are like this .. including the King's name ... lots of other names are like this as well ... like Thaksin's)

wait til you can start reading Thai ... it gets even more fun! <missing vowels etc etc>

but the basic answer is that it is transliterated into English letter by letter. (many words from Pali etc are like this .. including the King's name ... lots of other names are like this as well ... like Thaksin's)

wait til you can start reading Thai ... it gets even more fun! <missing vowels etc etc>

Thanks, I'm actually one of these lazy farangs who can speak very workable Thai, but never bothered learning to write and read. AKA illiterate.

Thanks, I'm actually one of these lazy farangs who can speak very workable Thai, but never bothered learning to write and read. AKA illiterate.

illiterates are SEXY :o <not!> I can't tell you how many times I have heard 'tara' added to Thaksin or Sri Nakarin

Theory number two:

Good idea, Mr Rosner could help, that would just about give it the right balance between funny and provocative for it to be an worth while read, get cracking, I will be first in line at the bookstore :o

I hope Mr. Rosner gets better soon, constipating and farting, could end up with a big bang :D

Kind regards :D

Edited by larvidchr

Like that we do not disagree too much after all.People like dr Naam indeed never whines,I like how he makes his point,also is very knowledgable.But he also isn't a critic,tries to understand peoples situations ,and points out that with less (then he has) perfectly could be happy also,that is reasonable.Most of the people who are succesful in Thailand ,I think are from an older generation then I am.I am just 31 years old ,came here when 23,so I still have alot of time ahead of me.When I get to the older age(if I get that far) my children will be adults,also something nice to looking forward too.I must also say that it is interesting to read how people did it,I in this area still have many to learn.I am just starting,but I can cope pretty well allready,although I am not rich.I do realise that whining does not bring anyone much further,but I also agree the'whining'sometimes from people who are daddys over here,when rules change, things what you have planned forcan fade away rapidly,never ending story.Personally I not like to whine,it can be too much.And what Bendix points out is realistic,with that I never disagree,but I am happy you show respect for that.

Somebody else got something more to complain about :o ?

Bit of helpfull advice - to improve your punctuation leave 2 spaces after full stops, and 1 space after a commar.  Otherwise your writing is just one big nonsensicle mass.  Your grammar is not bad if second language so i wouldnt like to comment

Somebody else got something more to complain about :D ?

Bit of helpfull advice - to improve your punctuation leave 2 spaces after full stops, and 1 space after a commar.  Otherwise your writing is just one big nonsensicle mass.  Your grammar is not bad if second language so i wouldnt like to comment

Another comment, yes , English is my second language. My computer skills are not that great, so this time I will keep it as computer skills comment....Better then the Enlish written language comments, and I even do not use spell check after written a post. But actually it does look better . After all this topic is about whining, so I do not mind :o

I hope Mr. Rosner gets better soon, constipating and farting, could end up with a big bang :o

He hasn't been around for half the day. We better stop hacking on him as I think we've completely given him the sh!ts.

Soundman.

I hope Mr. Rosner gets better soon, constipating and farting, could end up with a big bang :D

He hasn't been around for half the day. We better stop hacking on him as I think we've completely given him the sh!ts.

Soundman.

Oh he will come back with some very underestimated statements for sure. After all this topic is about whining and complaining , so it could well be the longest ever topic on Thaivisa ..... I am not sure if any of the moderators will allow that though :o , not that I mind.

I well I thought that is an amusing and decent rant! Unlike the normal wingeing crap you get, if you gonna moan and complain do it good!

:o

I've had a great chuckle on this thread - thankyou Mr Rosner! :D

I can relate to how you're feeling of late - just this afternoon, after a hard and hot day pounding the streets downtown; fighting my way back through manic traffic while pleasantly waiing to all and sundry in return of cruel attempts to run me off the road, I arrived home to my peaceful jungle bungalow.

Aaaaah, the bliss of my beloved trees and butterflies, how I love the peace and quiet. As I turned the key in my front door, the neighbour revved up his weed cutter just metres away.

It's a conspiracy, I say........ :D

Somebody else got something more to complain about :D ?

Another comment, yes , English is my second language. My computer skills are not that great, so this time I will keep it as computer skills comment....Better then the Enlish written language comments, and I even do not use spell check after written a post. But actually it does look better . After all this topic is about whining, so I do not mind :D

End of a sentance.  Then 2 spaces.  A commar is used like this, and full stop as i have shown.  Easy - no charge for the lesson.   Take it slowly .  dont leave a spce before a commar , like i have just done.   :o