Leaving Thailand with 2 kids

Lolothai

31 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

You don't need full parental power to take a child out of Thailand. You need formal permission from all legal guardians issued by the amphur. Immigration only checks that paper. 

I'm aware of that. I never wrote that anyone has to have PP to take their child out of Thailand. In my circumstance I went for and got full PP. because my ex-wife was sentenced to 25 to life.

Very easy to get in that type of situation

Edited by kwonitoy
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Brigante7 said:

They are your kids also, you don't need their mothers permission to take them anywhere. Do the kids have your name and dual nationality?

Brigante7.

If you are not married and you didn't apply for shared custody you have nothing.

https://www.siam-legal.com/legal_services/Child-Custody-in-Thailand.php

And taking away the child from the person who have sole custody ( unmarried mother) is a crime which can be punished by law. Your name on the birth certificate gives you no rights at all.

18 hours ago, daveAustin said:

^^^ Sorry, this is incorrect. Immigration around the world are cute on child trafficking and single parents taking kids without consent of other. As above, there is indeed a format to go by which is attainable from the Amphur as stated. You’ll need wife for this. It doesn’t take long. Think it’s this one:

87AED101-E3B1-4DC6-BC43-465FDE00BA32.thumb.jpeg.17edf4e77067045b4ee1472b6a5a8052.jpeg

At least you get to take your kids; many get denied this by devious cheating others. 
All the best. 

Thank you for posting this. I am glad to have been proved wrong and to learn that this official document from the district office is available.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

You don't need full parental power to take a child out of Thailand. You need formal permission from all legal guardians issued by the amphur. Immigration only checks that paper. 

That is perfectly true. But when you have a court paper granting you sole parental power and making you sole legal guardian you do not need permission from the other parent or any paper from the amphur. Thus the annotation under the stamp,

57 minutes ago, Rayinbkk said:

That is perfectly true. But when you have a court paper granting you sole parental power and making you sole legal guardian you do not need permission from the other parent or any paper from the amphur. Thus the annotation under the stamp,

The previous trips with my son my custody papers were checked one time in Bangkok, one time in Vancouver, and one time not at all.

Like everything with Imm it's a <deleted> shoot as to the treatment one gets.

But with my ex-wife several trips and my son with 3 previous trips the Thai passports were never stamped with an exit stamp.

I found it very strange that he did so last Oct.