Leaving Thailand with 2 kids

Lolothai

Hi, after 9 years together my wife is leaving me for another man and I have to leave Thailand as fast as possible. I don't want to stay and see her betraying me, I'm heartbroken and shocked.

I have 2 daughters 5 and 6 year old, what is the process to leave Thailand. Should I buy tickets first? what about covid test?

I'm vaccinated with moderna, 2 shots, I didn't get the covid passport yet.

• Sad 2

Where are you flying to?  Your destination will determine exactly what documents and the steps you have to complete before leaving Thailand.  I have taken 3 trips out of Thailand in the last 14 months and never needed a Covid Passport.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lolothai said:

can she just write a permission on a blank paper or does it have to be an official document?

This form (attached) is what I have used in the past when I have travelled alone with my Son.

I’ve never been questioned or had to show the form, but I know people who have.

Its a good idea to have the document / Also have the Wife (ex) standing by incase Immigration want to speak with her (by phone). 

Regarding the requirement for test: This depends on your destination / airline. 

Parental Consent Letter.docx

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This form (attached) is what I have used in the past when I have travelled alone with my Son.

I’ve never been questioned or had to show the form, but I know people who have.

Its a good idea to have the document / Also have the Wife (ex) standing by incase Immigration want to speak with her (by phone). 

Regarding the requirement for test: This depends on your destination / airline. 

Parental Consent Letter.docx 22.08 kB · 0 downloads

Surely this form will be in THAI format

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There isn’t an official format.

The attached form is more than enough.

Utter nonsense, they'll be an offical Thai form and it will be in Thai 

Edited by bolt

When I visited Germany with my son( 1.5 years old) we organized a letter from the Amphoe that stated that I have the permission of the mother to travel to Germany with our son. On top I had court papers to show that we have shared custody. The Thai Immigration wanted to see the letter from the Amphoe and the German Immigration wanted to see a translation of the court papers.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lolothai said:

can she just write a permission on a blank paper or does it have to be an official document?

No! She must go to amphur and get the official form, they will print (and sign) it. I was denied leaving with my daughter once with a written permission, my daughter called her mother and handed over the phone. The mother was drunk too... They let us through with a stern warning, only amphur in the future. 

The mother asked for and got "no time limit" = valid until majority for us. 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lungbing said:

Immigration won't be involved, but the airline check-in might be.  Ask the airline what they want.

That is not correct. It was Immigration that refused to let my daughter through at Suvarnabhumi 

The parental consent form for travel from the Amphure will be needed, or a court acquired custody referred to as Full Parental Power, PP for short.

I left in October with my 10 year old son who I have full parental power over.

For travel I have in my backpack a folder with the Thai court order, his birth certificate, Thai ID card, passport, my divorce papers and more. All in original Thai and a certified English copy.

At immigration the desk agent called a much higher up officer and we went to his office.

He asked to see everything I had, and copied every piece of paper he looked at. It took well over 30 minutes and made me extremely nervous. He then stamped my sons Thai passport with an exit visa, never seen that before and wrote something below it.

I have travelled with him before and never had that level of examination from immigration.

At that time it was very empty at the airport so he had time to do this? I don't know.

Between check in and immigration it took us over 1 hour 

Attached is a photo of his exit stamp and writing, If anyone can translate the writing I would be very grateful.

My son can't read it,

20211105_093631_resized.jpg

On 3/12/2022 at 4:51 PM, bolt said:

Surely this form will be in THAI format

There is a Thai one, get from local town house. Also, may need one entering Europe. 

Of the kids are old enough to talk, probably won't be asked for it. 

Not sure if wife on phone is enough, could be anyone pretending to be wife. 

On 3/12/2022 at 11:40 AM, bolt said:

Utter nonsense, they'll be an offical Thai form and it will be in Thai 

No, there is no "official" format, neither in Thai nor in any other language.

Please feel free to prove me wrong by posting a link an "official" format on a Thai government website.

• Sad 2

^^^ Sorry, this is incorrect. Immigration around the world are cute on child trafficking and single parents taking kids without consent of other. As above, there is indeed a format to go by which is attainable from the Amphur as stated. You’ll need wife for this. It doesn’t take long. Think it’s this one:

87AED101-E3B1-4DC6-BC43-465FDE00BA32.thumb.jpeg.17edf4e77067045b4ee1472b6a5a8052.jpeg

At least you get to take your kids; many get denied this by devious cheating others. 
All the best. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Thais are very good at protecting the Kids Especially International departures / immigration

If you don’t have correct papers you aint leaving with them.

I know some people who’ve never been asked and some who have.

Take 1 or 2 weeks to get your papers together and make sure you have Full Parental Power.

4 hours ago, Brigante7 said:

They are your kids also, you don't need their mothers permission to take them anywhere. Do the kids have your name and dual nationality?

Brigante7.

If any of the parents are Thai and the kids have Thai passport, also if you’re in Thailand and trying to leave Thailand, then the Thai’s hold the power.

No matter what you tell immigration they will simply tell you “ no papers no go out”

On 3/13/2022 at 2:49 AM, kwonitoy said:

The parental consent form for travel from the Amphure will be needed, or a court acquired custody referred to as Full Parental Power, PP for short.

I left in October with my 10 year old son who I have full parental power over.

For travel I have in my backpack a folder with the Thai court order, his birth certificate, Thai ID card, passport, my divorce papers and more. All in original Thai and a certified English copy.

At immigration the desk agent called a much higher up officer and we went to his office.

He asked to see everything I had, and copied every piece of paper he looked at. It took well over 30 minutes and made me extremely nervous. He then stamped my sons Thai passport with an exit visa, never seen that before and wrote something below it.

I have travelled with him before and never had that level of examination from immigration.

At that time it was very empty at the airport so he had time to do this? I don't know.

Between check in and immigration it took us over 1 hour 

Attached is a photo of his exit stamp and writing, If anyone can translate the writing I would be very grateful.

My son can't read it,

20211105_093631_resized.jpg

The Thai writing says that the family court has granted parental power to xxx

I have 2 kids with my exwife from thailand.We all live in norway.I have shared custody.2 year ago i took my kids to a trip to london.In the mean time i had changed my last name so i was differen from my kids last name.At heathrow we was stopped at the IMM.They wanted to know who the kids was.I told im their father.Then they asked me for proof.I didnt have any proof in papers.My kids speak english well so the IO start asking them.They confirmed i was heir father and after that they let us in.

The IO old me that next i have to bring the proof that im their father.She said because of human trafficing their wery strict now.Anyway we had a wonderful stay in london.

Depending on your age, financial situation. Isn't it better that you just move away. Find a beautiful caretaker for your children. Live your life little bit. I changed my life when I understood that life is what it is. Forget about her. Move away to another location in Thailand. And NEVER call her again. You are not the only one having a divorce nor taking care of children. And hey. Here we all are. 99% living and thriving

Edited by sead

7 hours ago, Rayinbkk said:

The Thai writing says that the family court has granted parental power to xxx

Thank you very much. 

A mystery solved for me.

My son says it's too messy, almost like cursive for him to read.

37 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:

Thank you very much. 

A mystery solved for me.

My son says it's too messy, almost like cursive for him to read.

You don't need full parental power to take a child out of Thailand. You need formal permission from all legal guardians issued by the amphur. Immigration only checks that paper. 

17 hours ago, Puccini said:

No, there is no "official" format, neither in Thai nor in any other language.

Please feel free to prove me wrong by posting a link an "official" format on a Thai government website.

There's a lot of misinformation here. Perhaps you and some others spreading it should learn a Thai saving that translated to English goes like this:

Those who don't know speak easily. 

Why don't you keep quiet if you don't know. We are talking about children here

• Like 1