car rental recommendations please

silentnine

morning all.

arriving in chiang mai on 18th March 9am and need a rental car until 4th April.

any recommendations please that do NOT need a credit card, debit card is OK, but not credit.  my thai wife and me (UK, with international driving permit) to drive.  

Edited by silentnine

Good luck without a credit card. Now if you use a Visa or MC Debit card then you may be in luck. Budget will take a Visa debit card. I think Avis, National, and Sixt will take a debit cards well but I can't guarantee it. I am partial to Budget due to good service and fair pricing.

I just returned a four-day rental from 'Big Jump Travel and Car Rental' this morning. No credit card needed. You have the option of leaving your passport or 3,000 baht cash deposit... your choice.  Nice, clean 4-door Toyota, plenty of power for those really steep, curvy mountain roads up north, solid brakes, powerful Air-con, and good gas mileage.  Cruises quietly and smooth along the highways.

Big Jump will deliver the car to your door at the time you specify, and pick it up when you're done with it.  I've rented with them three different times, and always been satisfied.

081-765-7737

053-277-224

99/7 Ratchapakinai Rd. , Phrasing

Google Map:  18.790628393422434, 98.99078776576054

Edited by FolkGuitar

I used NorthWheels back in Dec and no credit card was needed. They did require 5k THB deposit which was returned when I turned the car in undamaged.

Hopefully rentals are more abundant now because getting one in Dec was difficult.