Covid quandary

Dave0206

Hi all

As you can see from my title I have a problem I am a 2 x vaccinated plus booster would be test and go holiday maker all was booked for 20 th March departure from Europe to pattaya.

I have booked day 1+5 with hotel in pattaya insurance through axa( do not really need) now I have tested positive I am going to wait till last minute to take pcr test hopefully it comes back ok if not my problems start.

Hotel I’m sure that’s a loss because was not even willing to return 5 th day on test and go .

insurance luckily is valid till 17 April.

flight I need to rebook at a more expensive date.

problem is to apply for Thai pass you need to give dates of flight and hotel etc problem is exactly how long I would test positive I have read sometimes this can be months it says after minimum 14 days after testing positive you can get a letter from doctor stating even though pcr test shows positive you are no risk as not contagious.

I just wondered if anyone had similar experience..?

Plus if I manage to get to Thailand through this doctor waiver if you like how likely I am going to finish up quarantined in Thailand?
thanks for reading and hopefully sharing your experience 

22 hours ago, internationalism said:

send your positive to hotel and re-book for a minimum 15 days after you first tested positive.

Same with an airline.

Only emirates will fly you positive, that after recovery.

Ask dr to issue you medical certificate right now, some airlines insist on this certificate to be issued minimum 14 days before flight. Also ask for an original test result.

If you test positive in thailand with recovery certificate you won't be quarantined.

I would not dare to fly on 20.03 without recovery certificate. Your departure test might be negative, but turn to positive in thailand and you will get 10 days hospitel at own expense of some 50k baht. 

Solid advice