Chang Wattana annual visa renewal Covid documentation/vax papers/app/test needed?

Last year I went to Chang Wattana for my annual visa renewal and only covid related extras was the sign-in and temperature test at the building entrance. I hear that got tightened up, and that they requested more for a while - but that might well have changed again by now? Can anybody update me on what they were requested with regards to covid. Be that at the building entrance and/or at the actual (annual non-o in my case - but presume same) visa extension desk. Cheers!

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Only a proof of being fully vaccinated or a recent ATK test done and a completed form is needed to enter the building.

Nothing related to covid 19 is required when you apply for a extension of stay.

Thank you. I presume the mentioned form to fill out is at the entrance then? Also: then I presume one can not just do own ATK test and bring proof/photo, but it needs to be at a clinic/hospital before? How recent?

(My vax status expired as missed booster - so not fully vaxed yet so looking at above options)

13 hours ago, Firefan said:

Thank you. I presume the mentioned form to fill out is at the entrance then? Also: then I presume one can not just do own ATK test and bring proof/photo, but it needs to be at a clinic/hospital before? How recent?

(My vax status expired as missed booster - so not fully vaxed yet so looking at above options)

I don't think they will create a problem for entering without a booster shot. Two is enough in most cases since they are not requiring the booster yet for such things.

If needed I think there is an arrangement possible to get a the ATK done.

I was just there (Chaeng Wattana) last week, they did not ask for proof of anything.

Filled out a form, gave it to the guy who did the temperature check, that was it.

Of course maybe I got "lucky", but I was never asked to show anything to get in, except my passport of course.

Edited by expat_4_life
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, expat_4_life said:

I was just there (Chaeng Wattana) last week, they did not ask for proof of anything.

Filled out a form, gave it to the guy who did the temperature check, that was it.

Of course maybe I got "lucky", but I was never asked to show anything to get in, except my passport of course.

Same here.

• Like 1

Similarly I went to CW for annual visa renewal last week. I only filled up the form and did the temperature check. The security didn't ask for vaccination or test verifications. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the updates. I WOULD be very surprised if that gigantic building was checking for vax certification OR asking for recent tests with all the issues that involves. A form at the door, and temp test is what I will expect then.