Entry to UK 18th March - NO test or PLF required

TorquayFan

1 hour ago, Upnotover said:

BBC and Sky both reporting this as UK.  Perhaps the other lot are a bit slow to update their websites.

No, just poor reporting.  The other nations often delay things a bit just to annoy Boris, although Wales have said they will "reluctantly" follow England this time.

Edited by treetops
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Excel said:

Are they actually of any importance to take any notice of what they do or don't do ?

Yes. During the Covid-19 pandemic, the other nations of the UK, ie Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, have not always followed or have not immediately followed what England did.

Edited by Puccini

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

It's inevitable given enough time that this will happen everywhere.

Some countries will hold out as long as they can, even some countries which rely on Northern Hemisphere summer tourists.

Those countries will pay dearly for this mistake to the benefit of others who remove restrictions.

We have a situation where you are forced to do a covid test which might cost more than your flight in order to enter some countries in Europe - those are the places which will receive no visitors until all restrictions are lifted.

Nobody really wants to do anything, especially if it costs money. I certainly wouldn't be downloading apps, getting certificates and doing medical tests just to enter Spain for example, I'd simply go to somewhere else with no requirements and forget about Spain for this year, perhaps forever if I find a new place I like - and that's the danger, once people find new places why bother going back to the old ones....

Even the highly protective New Zealand is opening up in stages , starts next month . It seems that there is no stopping the virus and many virologists saying that we will have to learn to live with it and as more anti viral medicines become available , that limit the covid effects , the virus will fall into the common flu or cold category . China and Hong Kong will have to review their zero tolerance covid policy as that will not be possible to control to zero infections , other than fiction . There may be a reluctance to drop all restrictions by some countries because the whole scenario became a money making scam that has made big bucks for those of the hierarchy at the expense of the basic tourist trades . 

• Like 2

On 3/15/2022 at 8:00 AM, treetops said:

England only for now.

A joined up country - I fly to Manchester then to my residence in Scotland - is there a border check?

Not likely I guess and by the way anyone from Scotland have problems with getting a certificate that shows all three vaccinations??

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1