US Passport Renewal

I plan to mail my US passport for renewal after I do my 90-day report this week. 

After I get my new passport, will I need any documentation to transfer my extension of stay at Immigration?

If so, will the consulate automatically provide whatever form I need to transfer my extension of stay at immigration? 

Anyone know how long mail-in renewals are currently taking? 

Thanks

The Embassy/Consulate should give you a letter addressed to Immigration when you get your new passport.  You also will need to make copies from both passports as well as complete a form requesting the transfer of Immigration stamps to the new passport. At least this is the policy at Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration.

Someone else will need to respond regarding the time it takes to get the new passport as I got my last one when the USA Consular staff were still making visits to Pattaya.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone. To summarize:

I do not need to request or provide anything, the US consulate will automatically provide the letter with my new passport.

Once I get the new passport, I will take both the new and old passports along with form above (that mtls2005 so graciously provided) to CW Immigration and submit all. 

CW Immigration will do the transfer while I wait, correct? 

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Once I get the new passport, I will take both the new and old passports along with form above (that mtls2005 so graciously provided) to CW Immigration and submit all. 

CW Immigration will do the transfer while I wait, correct? 

You will also need copies of both passports. Photo page of both of them.

Copies of your visa, entry stamp, and current extension of stay in the old one. I think that is all that CW will require but some offices want a copy of every page that has a visa or stamp for Thailand on it.

It will be done while you wait.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will also need copies of both passports. Photo page of both of them.

Copies of your visa, entry stamp, and current extension of stay in the old one. I think that is all that CW will require but some offices want a copy of every page that has a visa or stamp for Thailand on it.

It will be done while you wait.

Great, thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Will do the transfer and renew my extension of stay this week

Good timing.

Just a note to others...there is no "time limit" on transfer of stamps and visa info, you can travel (even international with both pp) and do the transfer when next time your need attend immigration for eg extension..

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Good timing.

Just a note to others...there is no "time limit" on transfer of stamps and visa info, you can travel (even international with both pp) and do the transfer when next time your need attend immigration for eg extension..

I did not know that. I need to renew my extension of stay anyway, because it expired with the old passport. 

Hoping to get the transfer, extension & 90 day report all at once...

30 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I did not know that. I need to renew my extension of stay anyway, because it expired with the old passport. 

Hoping to get the transfer, extension & 90 day report all at once...

Did my retirement extension of stay a few weeks ago and my immigration office unbidden did the 90-Day Report as well as they always do, but this time I noticed they had even put transparent tape on my TM-3O address notification receipt which is stapled into my passport an is very old and is getting a little ratty.  I didn't notice that at the time or I would have thanked them.  Sometimes they surprise me. ???? 

1 minute ago, skatewash said:

Did my retirement extension of stay a few weeks ago and my immigration office unbidden did the 90-Day Report as well as they always do, but this time I noticed they had even put transparent tape on my TM-3O address notification receipt which is stapled into my passport an is very old and is getting a little ratty.  I didn't notice that at the time or I would have thanked them.  Sometimes they surprise me. ???? 

I always seem to be treated well. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Just wondering if everyone here who submitted their passports got an e-mail from the embassy both when it arrived and when it got sent out? Tracking shows that mine arrived 2 weeks ago, but I never got an e-mail from the embassy saying they received it, so wondering if this is normal or not.