Small tracked tiller

I see some of these things on Lazada. Different brands. They are coming out of China, but I am wondering if there was any local dealers. At a glance it seems like it would be just the thing for our paddy land, there's rototiller attachments, among other things. and maybe has other benefits.

Anyone seen one in person?

tracked tiller.jpg

Edited by canuckamuck

I would not bother,buy a second hand small tractor imported from Japan with a Rotavator , a lot come  over with Rotavators fitted , but Thai dealers take them off,then buy a set a cage wheels ,it will do the same job for a lot less money.

Or if you just have a few rie a Kwie Lec,a walk behind  2-wheel tractor ,some even have seats .

• Like 1

As KS says.

From what you describe in the past your land is steep terrain which the tracks would be handy to get back and forth to.

However if to use in a paddy field you would need a decent water supply to clean them often otherwise damage will occur quickly.

On 3/19/2022 at 8:31 AM, farmerjo said:

As KS says.

From what you describe in the past your land is steep terrain which the tracks would be handy to get back and forth to.

However if to use in a paddy field you would need a decent water supply to clean them often otherwise damage will occur quickly.

We do have lots of steep land, but our paddy field would be the main use for the little tractor. The are a few dykes that are more than a meter tall, but most are about half a meter. But there are several, so the ability to get over the dykes is important. We have a standard long plow that we use, the iron buffalo or whatever you want to call it. But ours is old and a piece of <deleted> really and these little tractors I see are about the same price but may have uses beyond putting in the rice.

Mostly I want to know if anyone has seen one or has knowledge of how they are. It would  be great If I could buy one in Thailand rather than rolling the dice with an internet purchase.

I can see where you're  going ,but the chance of finding one in Thailand will be slim ,your average rice farmer  will look at one ,then look at the price and say far to expensive,

Like you, they might have a Iron buffalo which will do them ,or they will get someone in to do the job,in my area Kubota tractors with rotavators are a come sight ,most will be happy to do some contacting jobs ,help pay for the tractor. 

As for price even an imported Chines one would be at least 2-3 times the cost of a Kwie Lec, wife's  son-in-law brought one 2 years ago about 70 000 baht .

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGT3eqk_Is8

This one was at JSSR auction a while a go.

If your heart is set on one,go for it.

But i will reiterate as an owner of a rubber tracked tractor and harvester that you can wreck a set of tracks in two days if operator is not experienced with them.

(i can get tracks ex china 16 week delivery but my drive sprockets are obsolete now)

Another way to look at it is buy a tractor here locally and have the dealer import you a set of tracks for it,most these days are made so you just remove the wheels and the tracks bolt straight on.

http://www.jcitracks.net/40hp-agricultural-tractor-track-systems.htm

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, farmerjo said:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGT3eqk_Is8

This one was at JSSR auction a while a go.

If your heart is set on one,go for it.

But i will reiterate as an owner of a rubber tracked tractor and harvester that you can wreck a set of tracks in two days if operator is not experienced with them.

(i can get tracks ex china 16 week delivery but my drive sprockets are obsolete now)

Another way to look at it is buy a tractor here locally and have the dealer import you a set of tracks for it,most these days are made so you just remove the wheels and the tracks bolt straight on.

http://www.jcitracks.net/40hp-agricultural-tractor-track-systems.htm

I second farmerjoe's idea about buying a standard tractor and installing tracks on it.

If you google "Kubota track tractor" or "Yanmar track tractor", you'll get an idea.

I am pretty sure since at least Kubota is made in Thailand, they can help you with ordering or installing tracks

• Thanks 1