Medical check up for a 40-year-old man

AventurasEnMadrid

Most if not all of the major hospitals have wellness check-up programs some more expensive and thorough then others.  I suggest you research hospitals below is an example of one from Bumrungrad.

17,005 THB

Approximate cost in

USD US    

This program takes approximately 3 to 4 hours.

• Package Inclusions
  • Vital Signs and Physical Examination
  • Blood Test
    • Complete Blood Count (CBC)
    • Fasting Blood Sugar
  • Lipid Fats Profile
    • Cholesterol, HDL and Triglyceride
    • Cholesterol/HDL ratio  
    • LDL Cholesterol
  • Gout *Uric acid
  • Kidney Function Panel
    • Creatinine
  • Liver Function Panel
    • SGOT (AST) and SGPT (ALT)
    • Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP)
  • Urine examination 
  • Stool Examination with Occult Blood
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG) 
  • Exercise Stress Test (EST) 
  • Chest X-Ray 
  • Ultrasound Whole Abdomen

Health Screening Center (Check-up)
Service Hours : 7.00 - 15.00
Location : Bumrungrad International Clinic (BIC) Building, 11th floor
Contact Information :  0-2011-2222

Executive Program with Stress Test (Male) Health Check-up Package

For more details Health Check-up: Package Comparison Page

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

You should have a look at the Chonburi Cancer Hospital.

http://www.ccc.in.th/en/

It is a government hospital so the process is a bit slow, but very economical, price hasn't changed much in 10 years. I have been twice and about 4 hours each time. Results are posted out to you about a month later.

You need to make an appointment, waiting was 4/5 weeks but not sure these days.

My wife had had the "Silver" checkup package done 2 days ago at BNH hospital in Soi Convent. Unfortunately, no specials on offer so the full price was 26,900 baht for the 4 1/2 hour process. Most hospitals run promotions from time to time (discounting 40-50%) so best to check with the hospitals you may be familiar with to see what's on offer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, clearance said:

Try Bangkok Christian Hospital, it is cheap and fast. 

I don't think you want fast - although I did - my wife's suggestion was thorough ????

I think I was in Molly Mallones(now closed) down the road in Soi Convent about 5 mins after I exited for a pint and a paper   ????

• Confused 1

all these private hospitals are a scam and testing what is not really needed, when actually they miss important things. Packages are for people who are not able to understand anything, but if you want to learn mayo clinic can help.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/16/2022 at 3:38 PM, Pmbkk said:

I've had a couple done at BNH hospital in Rama 3 - https://www.bnhhospital.com/

if you look at the website they have offers on or maybe give them a call.

Mine was in at 7(earliest time), out around 1-2 p.m. after interview with doctor to review results.

Yep, BNH

I get my regular OGUK (offshore medical) at BNH, good service, good location. 

IMG_20220317_163121.jpg

A pathology lab will do all the tests required for 2K -3K baht, and flag any results which are out of normal range. One can buy BP, pulse and blood oxygen monitors on lazada. The OP can then consult a doctor about what they should do.

I'd suggest a PM to Sheryl to ask what tests are necessary in the OP's age group.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2022 at 12:51 PM, AventurasEnMadrid said:

I’m coming to Bangkok for a few weeks and I would like a recommendation for a medical clinic or hospital to get a general yearly or biannual check up, including blood tests. Best quality/price option since my insurance doesn’t cover it. Thank you for your suggestions. 

My preference and choice for many years has been the mission hospital, though it’s a 7th day Adventist hospital the only way I found out was by reading its literature, though that the restaurant is vegetarian was an indication that it’s a little different.

As with most hospitals you can make an online booking and it’s a very good idea to do so. Again As with most of the private hospitals most, if not all, the staff and doctors speak English thought they have translators for a huge number of other languages, I met one who was fluent in about 17 as far as I remember, though that could have been in Japan.

฿5,300 or ฿10,900 depending on age and the tests

3DD1FEEA-F09D-459C-AE6A-13483ACA09FC.thumb.png.7ffa34609ee8fe2e1035d37758326bd9.png

675E0DF9-4E0F-48B8-BE0A-759BDAB84AD2.thumb.png.9fb74fc3df88e9a803a7450dbee3cc3f.png

A12485A1-4110-481A-A22D-4F3777C536B3.thumb.jpeg.81cde5dcb3e9e2834a94d1f362946378.jpeg

I have never been to a government hospital so I can’t give opinions there.  I’m not sure what fits into your budget.  I go to Bumrungard hospital. But I have health insurance. You can check the packages there to see if the prices are good for you.  
A private hospital with more reasonable prices is BNH Hospital in Bangkok. 

39 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

I have never been to a government hospital so I can’t give opinions there.  I’m not sure what fits into your budget.  I go to Bumrungard hospital. But I have health insurance. You can check the packages there to see if the prices are good for you.  
A private hospital with more reasonable prices is BNH Hospital in Bangkok. 

Does your health insurance cover x-rays and other similar procedures? I've scheduled an x-ray appointment and will have the imaging sent for automated radiology screening. I'm trying to figure out the costs and choose the best option financially.

at the government hospitals below 5k.

you can book date in advance and be at the heart clinic before registration at 8am, for a few h.

Or walk in, around 6am, for registration at the main entrance - blood and urine samples. Come back in the evening for chest xray, ekg. Wait for dr consultation over 1h.

check ups are recommended over 50. I don't think you need to do them biannually. Unless you have some symptoms or medical history, genetics

Edited by internationalism

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2022 at 11:11 PM, internationalism said:

at the government hospitals below 5k.

you can book date in advance and be at the heart clinic before registration at 8am, for a few h.

Or walk in, around 6am, for registration at the main entrance - blood and urine samples. Come back in the evening for chest xray, ekg. Wait for dr consultation over 1h.

check ups are recommended over 50. I don't think you need to do them biannually. Unless you have some symptoms or medical history, genetics

Naurasan University Hospital in Phitsanulok.

Register at 7.00am, get a line number ( I got no. 2) Blood test/urine/pooh, X-ray, ECG, all within an hour.

Go shopping at Makro.

Back at 11am to see Doctor. Out by 11.30. Bht 1200 incl PSA test.

Follow up appointments within 2 weeks.

Edited by KannikaP

• 1 year later...
On 3/17/2022 at 4:59 PM, Lacessit said:

A pathology lab will do all the tests required for 2K -3K baht, and flag any results which are out of normal range. One can buy BP, pulse and blood oxygen monitors on lazada. The OP can then consult a doctor about what they should do.

I'd suggest a PM to Sheryl to ask what tests are necessary in the OP's age group.

Anyone know a lab like this in Bangkok?

Thanks 😊

https://www.phyathai-sriracha.com/product/Health check (men 35-49 years).

1. History and physical examination by a doctor
2. Baseline measurement, vital signs measurement, body mass index (Vital Signs, BMI)
3. Complete blood count (CBC)
4. Blood sugar level check (FBS)
5. Check accumulated blood sugar levels (HbA1c)
6. Check blood fat levels (Total Cholesterol)
7. Check good cholesterol levels in the blood (HDL)
8. Check bad cholesterol levels in the blood (LDL)
9 . Check blood lipid levels. (Triglyceride)
10. Kidney function test (BUN)
11. Kidney function test (Creatinine)
12. Liver function test (SGOT)
13. Liver function test (SGPT)
14. Test Liver function (Alk Phosphatase)
15. Check thyroid function (TSH)
16. Check uric acid – gout (Uric Acid)
17. Check for cancer indicators (CEA)
18 . Check for liver cancer indicators (AFP)
19. Check for pancreatic cancer indicators (CA19-9)
20. Check for prostate cancer indicators (PSA)
21. Thyroid ultrasound examination (Ultrasound Thyroid)
22. Urine test (UA)
23. Ultrasound examination of the entire abdomen (Ultrasound Whole Abdomen)
24. X-ray of the lungs and heart (Chest X-ray)
25. Electrocardiogram (EKG)
26. Check heart function by Treadmill running (Exercise Stress Test)