Non Imm O based on marriage to a Thai. Is the form TM 87 the correct form?

OP, do you have a non O visa in your pp.

How did you enter Thailand.

With a non O? 

Not clear if your applying for an extension.

If indeed your applying for an 12 month extension to your non O you would require a TM7.

What is the expiry of your current permit? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, do you have a non O visa in your pp.

How did you enter Thailand.

With a non O? 

Not clear if your applying for an extension.

If indeed your applying for an 12 month extension to your non O you would require a TM7.

What is the expiry of your current permit? 

Dr Jack, I arrived a long time ago and have had Non B Teaching and extension of stays since then. So this is a change inside Thailand.

• Like 1

We are in Khon Kaen. Not sure if it works the same everywhere. 

We went to IO and asked what we need for our extension to stay based on marriage.

They gave as a list of what we needed and the nessacery form. To be honest , my wife filled it in and I never looked at the title, 

After we filled the form and collected all the required back up document , we went back the IO (immigration office),  At the entrance desk where you get a number they ask you why you are there and reviewed our documents. Actually the bank had given us a wrong document ,and the person at the desk  told us to go get the correct one. 

We went back to the bank , got the correct document, came back to IO,

the girl at the front desk reviewed our document and application again, said it looks good ,and gave us a number to go see the Immigration officer.  

The reason I am telling you all this is , Don't sweat it, The process is not difficult, and at least in our neck of the woods the IOs were very nice and helpful. 

If you have not filled the correct form , they will tell you so and give you the correct form to fill. 

Good luck????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Live Long and Prosper said:

Dr Jack, I arrived a long time ago and have had Non B Teaching and extension of stays since then. So this is a change inside Thailand.

You cannot change non immigrant visa categories within the country. A TM87 form is only to apply for a visa if you entered the country visa exempt.

You will  change the reason for your extension from teaching to a extension based upon marriage to a Thai using a TM7 form to apply for a new extension.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot change non immigrant visa categories within the country. A TM87 form is only to apply for a visa if you entered the country visa exempt.

You will  change the reason for your extension from teaching to a extension based upon marriage to a Thai using a TM7 form to apply for a new extension.

Okay, I have a pile of paperwork as requested, lets see how easy or difficult Chanwtana want to make it!!!!

21 minutes ago, Live Long and Prosper said:

Okay, I have a pile of paperwork as requested, lets see how easy or difficult Chanwtana want to make it!!!!

BTW are you aware of  appointments being available at CW for extensions.

You can also attend without appointment. 

I would think, the best way forward is to go to your local Imm. office, if you can and ask them for advice on what documents you need. I've just renewed my visa by marriage. The rules have changed from last year, and they are going to change again for next year. The immigration officer advised me, for next year, go there and ask what documents and actions I will need shortly before applying.

7 minutes ago, Hepbub said:

I would think, the best way forward is to go to your local Imm. office, if you can and ask them for advice on what documents you need. I've just renewed my visa by marriage. The rules have changed from last year, and they are going to change again for next year. The immigration officer advised me, for next year, go there and ask what documents and actions I will need shortly before applying.

What exactly were the changes.

As for........."I would think, the best way forward is to go to your local Imm. office, if you can and ask them for advice on what documents you need" 

Clearly you must be referring to a small office that is handy.

• Like 1