Non-O visa in HCMC, Vietnam - certified copies or just copies accepted?

I'll be visiting Vietnam early next week, I've got two options to obtain a Non-O visa(multiple or single, not sure what's possible yet), one is to apply for an evisa from the Thai Embassy in London, the other is to apply in HCMC Thai Consulate.

However, the requirements for the two different places are different, unsurprisingly.

HCMC Consulate requires certified copies of Tabien Baan & ID for spouse or child, but The embassy in London just requires copies, as far as I can tell...

Has anybody recently obtained a Non-O from HCMC and provided just copies? Or is it a firm rule that the copies have to be certified?

I'm waiting to chat with someone on the HCMC consulate website but I wanted to ask here too, just in case they don't respond.

Certified means they have to be signed and dated by the person that the document is for. For example your wife would have to sign and date copies of her house book registry and ID card.

The embassy in London would want them signed as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Certified means they have to be signed and dated by the person that the document is for. For example your wife would have to sign and date copies of her house book registry and ID card.

The embassy in London would want them signed as well.

PHEW! Jesus, I just got off the phone to a document notarial business and they told me that if I wanted certified copies of the documents in question, I would need to get those from the issuing authority, so the local govt office that issued my Son's birth certificate, and also the govt office that created my wife's Tabien Baan!!

So, on the HCMC Thai consulate website, instead of saying;

• Certified copy of Thai spouse’s ID card
  • Certified copy of house registration book

It should have read;

• Signed copy of Thai spouse’s ID card
  • Signed copy of house registration book

Why can't these places use the correct English? It's not hard to ask a naturally English-speaking person to proof read this stuff!

What would we do without you Joe?? You just prevented a meltdown! Thank you eternally!

Edited by MaiDong

not certified but to signed the copy, did it many time in the past, wife id, house book signed, one thing they don't tell you is a letter from your partner telling who you are and what you are, remember to use this phrase in your letter, My husband "name". they can reject you without this letter