Vasectomy in Hua Hin

username415

I enquired at BKK hospital about 3 years ago. I wanted to know the price but they insisted on examining me first, charged me about 800 Baht, then told me the price which was exorbitant.

I went to Cabbage and condoms in BKK after reading another guys experience on this forum. Donation only, I think about 3,000 Baht from memory. In and out in about 30 minutes, no discomfort or pain, jumped in a taxi and rode back to HH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

I enquired at BKK hospital about 3 years ago. I wanted to know the price but they insisted on examining me first, charged me about 800 Baht, then told me the price which was exorbitant.

I went to Cabbage and condoms in BKK after reading another guys experience on this forum. Donation only, I think about 3,000 Baht from memory. In and out in about 30 minutes, no discomfort or pain, jumped in a taxi and rode back to HH.

I had mine at the same place (Sukhumvit soi 12) back in November 2021.  The compulsory fixed-price "donation" is now 5,000 baht.  Still significantly cheaper than any hospital, even if you drive up from Hua Hin.  The whole procedure takes less than 30 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I had mine at the same place (Sukhumvit soi 12) back in November 2021.  The compulsory fixed-price "donation" is now 5,000 baht.  Still significantly cheaper than any hospital, even if you drive up from Hua Hin.  The whole procedure takes less than 30 minutes.

How was your recovery from the procedure?

On 3/20/2022 at 9:05 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

That’s great info, thank you.

On 3/20/2022 at 9:44 PM, ricklev said:

It was fine, pain-wise, although I did notice a loss of interest in sex!  They recommend getting a sperm test a few months after the op, to check it worked.  That was fun!

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2022 at 9:44 PM, ricklev said:

It's recommended, nothing strenuous or long walks after.  I really don't / didn't do either, though didn't cut back on anything either, and no discomfort.  Without mentally thinking about, I didn't notice anything afterwards.  I've had more discomfort for a  day after seeing a dentist.

Really is a simple, procedure.

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2022 at 9:05 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

hmm, that place used to be free and accept donations but they must have changed that.

I think I gave them 500 baht when I had mine done in 2017, i could have just walked away without giving anything with probably disappointed/weird looks that's it.

it was a good alternative for me who as a Canadian applied to have it done for free.. was on a waiting list for at least 7 years and like a month before I left the country they contacted me to ask me if I was still interested to get on waitlist #2.

or course.. 5000 baht is cheap and the service is fast but, not so free anymore.

58 minutes ago, kekalot said:

hmm, that place used to be free and accept donations but they must have changed that.

I think I gave them 500 baht when I had mine done in 2017, i could have just walked away without giving anything with probably disappointed/weird looks that's it.

it was a good alternative for me who as a Canadian applied to have it done for free.. was on a waiting list for at least 7 years and like a month before I left the country they contacted me to ask me if I was still interested to get on waitlist #2.

or course.. 5000 baht is cheap and the service is fast but, not so free anymore.

Yes, it is different now.  The 5,000 "donation" is not optional!

Why do you need a vasectomy.  If you are sleeping with prostitutes you should be wearing a condom.  If you are worried about getting your GF pregnant just go with her to get 3 monthly birth control injection.  

Never rely on a Thai girl to take the pill.  Never.

8 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Why do you need a vasectomy.  If you are sleeping with prostitutes you should be wearing a condom.  If you are worried about getting your GF pregnant just go with her to get 3 monthly birth control injection.  

Never rely on a Thai girl to take the pill.  Never.

not sure about his reasons to get it but I got a vasectomy because I'm too old to have more kids.

It's not about not wearing condoms (for me anyways..)

a vasectomy is a mechanical fix to a problem instead of chemicals fixes such as what you are suggesting

I wear condoms every time even when I had the same girlfriend for years, I prefer to not get them to injected with chemicals/hormones or taking the pill

there are no possible side effects to my vasectomy for either of the partners

vs the chemical way, where there is a long list of them.

3 hours ago, kekalot said:

not sure about his reasons to get it but I got a vasectomy because I'm too old to have more kids.

It's not about not wearing condoms (for me anyways..)

a vasectomy is a mechanical fix to a problem instead of chemicals fixes such as what you are suggesting

I wear condoms every time even when I had the same girlfriend for years, I prefer to not get them to injected with chemicals/hormones or taking the pill

there are no possible side effects to my vasectomy for either of the partners

vs the chemical way, where there is a long list of them.

Me too.  At 62 I don't want another kid!