Changing Province, What happens to work permit?

I have an extension of stay based on marriage + work permit issued in krabi.

Extension is valid till 17 oct 2022 and work permit till 01-aug-2023

My wife wants to move to bangkok this year.

Question is-

If I get an extension of stay based on marriage from CW will my work permit be invalidated?

or

At the time of renewal of work permit in 2023 , wont the DOE question me as to why I have a extension from Bangkok?

Immigration is not interested in you having a work permit unless you are using the income from working to meet the 40k baht income requirement.

The question i have is where will you be working? Your work permit has to be fore the province where your employers business  is located.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration is not interested in you having a work permit unless you are using the income from working to meet the 40k baht income requirement.

The question i have is where will you be working? Your work permit has to be fore the province where your employers business  is located.

Thanks Joe.

I would be working in Phuket. 

But I am afraid when the time comes for WP renewal, would they(DOE) be okay with a Bangkok issued extension?

I use 400,000 thb in the a/c method 

I previously had a Work Permit for a job in one province, while living in the adjacent province for the entire duration of that job.  This included renewal of both the W.P. and my Extension of Stay.  There was no problem.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

I would be working in Phuket. 

But I am afraid when the time comes for WP renewal, would they(DOE) be okay with a Bangkok issued extension?

I don't think it will be a problem if you have a Phuket address for the work permit. I don't think the work permit offices really look that close at your current extension of stay.

• Thanks 1