World’s richest footballer is playing for a Thai League 1 team

webfact

Faiq-Bolkiah-1-696x464.jpg

Faiq Bolkiah. Image: Chonburi FC

By Online Reporter

The world’s richest footballer has signed for Thai League 1 team Chonburi FC, in a bid to resurrect his career.

Faiq Bolkiah, 23, is the nephew of the Sultan of Brunei Darussalam and an heir to a fortune said to be worth USD 20 billion.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

He signed for Chonburi FC in December after being released by Portuguese side Maritimo, where he failed to make a single appearance.

However, his debut for Chonburi FC in January saw Bolkiah become the first Bruneian to play in the Thai League 1 and the first Bruneian to play for an overseas top division team.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/thailand-news/worlds-richest-footballer-is-playing-for-a-thai-league-1-team/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-03-21

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 2

My wife likes the Premier League. Sometimes I've tried putting on Thai football. She goes no, no! I say why, you don't like your own countrymen? She says too much fighting and cheating.

I thought it was an exaggeration, until I saw a news clip the other day. In a Thai league match one evening, one player went up to another he had a disagreement with, and straight up sucker punched him in the face. Laid him out cold. Real class acts.

Edited by CrunchWrapSupreme
  • Sad 1