Twenty-two More Uzbek Prostitutes Arrested In Pattaya

mcd

A large number of foreign females, who entered Thailand as tourists, but worked as prostitutes, were arrested.

On 14 June 2007, at 2:30 AM, several tourists complained to Pol.Col. Ithichai Ithisarnronachai, Pattaya Immigration Superintendent, that there were many Uzbek women offering sexual services around beer bars and entertainment places on Walking Street, South Pattaya.

The situation was, apparently, annoying to the tourists. The Chief of Police ordered Pol.Capt. Archeep Jaroensuk, Deputy Investigation Officer and a team of police officers, including twenty volunteers to clean up the situation. The police team arrested twenty-two Uzbek women who entered Thailand as tourists, but worked as prostitutes. Two of them had expired passports. The women were fined and a record was made of their offenses.

Pol.Col.Ithipol declared, after the arrests, that the head of Pattaya Immigration has ordered that Uzbek prostitutes, as well as prostitutes of other nationalities, be cleared from the streets quickly. The prostitutes are a nuisance and a disturbance to tourists. This is bad for Pattaya’s image, as well as Thailand’s.

PLEASE SEE A PREVIOUS STORY ON THIS TOPIC AT:

UZBEK WOMEN NABBED IN PATTAYA STING OPERATION

News Type : Crime

Story : Campee

Photo : Campee

Translater : Sunny T.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000003155

Edited by mcd

I am just wondering if these slappers areaimed at the Japanese/Korean tourist market

I wouldnt go thousands of miles to hook up with one ........ thats for sure !!!!!!

Penkoprod

Edited by Penkoprod

Kudos to the Pattaya Cops...from the postings I have being seeing here, it seems that they are finally getting rid of all the undesirables in Pattaya......what about Bangkok....when are they going to start here.

Also, they should also focus on getting rid of the local whores and their patrons, corrupt cops, etc

Kudos to the Pattaya Cops...from the postings I have being seeing here, it seems that they are finally getting rid of all the undesirables in Pattaya......what about Bangkok....when are they going to start here.

Also, they should also focus on getting rid of the local whores and their patrons, corrupt cops, etc

Oh dont be a party pooper ! :o

Oh dont be a party pooper ! :o

And if you read the article, you'll notice it said "Two of them had expired passports. The women were fined and a record was made of their offenses."

Nothing about being charged, jailed and/or deported. A small fine and they are back on the street.

This is becoming a regular occurance. Every so often, some are rounded up, given the "shakedown" and turned back out on the street. I have a sneaky suspicion that this is done to throw a scare into the girls that might not be handing over quite as much of their earnings as is expected.

(remember the previous article where the girls admitted having a "foreign handler" and being expected to hand over money to him/her/them).

As for the girls, from what I've heard (from Thais working in various bars) is that these Uzbeks/Russians usually troll for older, single white men they see sitting alone in the bars. Apparently the girls speak fairly good english and many of those older gents have a hard time trying to converse with a local lass.

What about fixing the problem at the source? Get all the Russian (Uzbec) pimp & mafia types out first. I'm absolutley positive the police could have that situation fixed inside 48hrs if they really wanted to.

You really want me to believe that the average Uzbec twenty something female could afford an airticket to Thailand to come & work?

Cheers,

Soundman.

What about fixing the problem at the source? Get all the Russian (Uzbec) pimp & mafia types out first. I'm absolutley positive the police could have that situation fixed inside 48hrs if they really wanted to.

You really want me to believe that the average Uzbec twenty something female could afford an airticket to Thailand to come & work?

Cheers,

Soundman.

Won't/can't be done.

Russian/Uzbec Mafia/Pimp pay well to the cops.

Cheers,

Soundman.

Won't/can't be done.

Russian/Uzbec Mafia/Pimp pay well to the cops.

That's my point. If the police really wanted to fix the situation no sweat....

BTW - sorry for probing - but is your real name Scott? Nothing subversive intended, just a sneaking suspicion....

Cheers,

Soundman.

"from what I've heard", say no more!

Implying what ? That the girls I spoke to in a couple of bars (Lucky Stars, Marine Bar and one of the ones on Walking Street in front of the New Living Dolls 1 club) were just making up stories ?

I'll admit I've never personally seen them hitting on farangs (young/old/undecided). I'm sure most of them just like walking up and down Walking Street all night for the ambiance. :o