Cheapest Recovery Certificate?

themechanic

I've tested positive on home self-test antigen kit a week ago and was pretty beat up, had moderate to heavy symptoms. But I chose to self isolate and home quarantine, and I am better now.

I am double vaxxed with Pfizer and this still happened to me.

My question and worry now is PCR tests and obtaining a recovery certificate as I intend to travel internationally. I am told that I will continue to test positive on PCR for weeks and months to come, and the only way around this is to obtain a 'recovery certificate.'

So I called Bumrungrad this morning, they want me to go in and their 4500 baht PCR test + see a doctor + get their overpriced meds (presumably paracetamol and nyquil) then go back and repeat another PCR test after a week to get a Recovery certificate. This sounds like a 15,000 baht + exercise in theatrics and stupidity.

Is there a clinic or hospital in Bangkok that I can walk in to and get a recovery certificate at a reasonable low cost? Perhaps after an antigen test and clinical examination on site.

the nearest to you governmental hospital. Explain from the beginning your need. They will be symphatetic.

PCR around 1800b.  Probably already negative, good for you.

Ask for xray, some 300b. Just to be sure you don't have complications.

If pcr negative probably ask for antibodies, some 1500b. Suppose to be done a month after infection. Based on it dr can probably issue certificate.

I would do also full blood test to see for infection and check all body functions.

You can do everything in one visit. Just register early around 7:30am (sub-district hospitals open 8am), wait 1h for results

Edited by internationalism
  • Thanks 2