Getting the Insurance Issue Straight...

D M G

What or where can you get a straight answer? 

Example:

- For Thailand Pass, Test & Go:  20,000 USD?  Type of Coverage?  Duration?

- For Visa: "O" Retired (not O-A !) renewal?  Type of Coverage?  Duration?

I have gotten too many conflicting responses...

????

• Like 1

Not sure about the answers to your questions.  I did the test and go last month and took 30 day tourist coverage. This was even though I had planned to stay longer than 30 days.  I arrived to LOS on 30 day visa exemption. Cost me about 3000 baht.

I came back to Thailand from Malaysia 2 days ago (21st)  Thailand pass/test and go.

Among other requirements for Thailand pass was medical insurance, $20,000 which must state that it covers Covid 19, your insurance must also last till the end of your current visa/extension of stay, in my case till 19th September

14 hours ago, swerve said:

Not sure about the answers to your questions.  I did the test and go last month and took 30 day tourist coverage. This was even though I had planned to stay longer than 30 days.  I arrived to LOS on 30 day visa exemption. Cost me about 3000 baht.

But would that apply to me having a re entry permit and being on retirement extensions?

• Confused 1

On 3/23/2022 at 8:56 AM, possum1931 said:

But would that apply to me having a re entry permit and being on retirement extensions?

Yes, your medical insurance cover must be valid till the end of your current extension of stay. Mine is September 19th. When i bought it the figure was $50,000, (since been reduced to $20,000), it cost me 15,125 baht for 6 months cover

• Sad 1