Ton snaps, announces to mum: "Today is a very auspicious day to burn my house down!" - and he did

webfact

2pm.jpg

Sanook Thai Cation: Materials ordered but no work done

Most of us have been there with unreliable and absent tradesmen. 

Poor old Ton in Ban Laberk, Buriran, NE Thailand, was one such frustrated customer.

Ton - real name Kittisak, 36 - had been waiting for months for some local builders to finish his house.

He desperately wanted to move in for Songkran as he was fed up sleeping outside his half done home.

But the builders made one excuse after another for not coming - even a Covid outbreak was used as an excuse to do nothing, reported Sanook.

It was one long manana, manana. With nary a man in sight.

Then yesterday - having consumed a little too much liquid refreshment Ton snapped.

"Right that's enough," he said announcing to his mum who was within earshot:

"Today is an auspicious day for a house fire!"

Mum Yuan, 63, was in no noubt that her son meant what he was saying. She rushed to get help from her husband who was tending the buffalos.

But not in time.

Ton had bought some 91 and 95 gas and set fire to the builders' materials that Ton had bought himself and equipment in his house destroying stuff in a 40 minute blaze that spread to straw outside. 

Ton was taken away for questioning at the main pavilion.

He admitted to being drunk and was was charged with that.

The police said it wasn't arson. 

Health insurance plans that meet the long stay visa requirements

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-03-24

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Seriously ? A 7 minute news story ?

My wife watches Thai tv in the evenings - on her phone now and not on the main tv, fortunately - and I've noticed that, after the 'who can scream loudest' dramas a talk programme will often have a guest on talking about some 'wrong' or other. And what would be a 5-10 minute segment in the real world can last over an hour here. I have no idea how they can drag it out for so long, but it's cheap to produce I suppose.

As for the loony who was upset at the builders not finishing the job, I had the same experience with a team remodeling a room. Rather than burn the house down I got some others in to complete the job. I guess that never occurred to him.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1