Tourism and Sports Ministry to propose “Thailand Pass” cancellation and introduce single ATK test to spur tourism growth

webfact

52 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

As said before once thais see the MONEY going to other countries things will change

they have this idea ALL tourists are busting to get in.......reality disagrees....

Their beloved free spending chinese arent coming ....reality continues to set in

as thais grudgingly chip away at the restrictions and the well runs bone dry...

and now the russians aint coming or are stuck with no cash flow.....

If all you remember is "money#1" as a mindset..thais will observe and follow, as its already happening..sloooowly....

They did and they are.  The reason they are dropping the pre-test requirement is because they are competing with Vietnam and Philippines now and trying to do one better. Hopefully they get rid of T&G all together by May/June.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

Who are these people? Where do they find them?

Speaking about the timeline, Thailand’s Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn appeared to be worried about the fact that several of Thailand’s neighbors have recently dropped their entry restrictions.

“Thailand started like a rabbit, running quickly last year as we reopened to visitors. We cannot let the country fall behind as many nations are opening borders and have fewer restrictions than us,” the minister said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Who are these people? Where do they find them?

Speaking about the timeline, Thailand’s Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn appeared to be worried about the fact that several of Thailand’s neighbors have recently dropped their entry restrictions.

“Thailand started like a rabbit, running quickly last year as we reopened to visitors. We cannot let the country fall behind as many nations are opening borders and have fewer restrictions than us,” the minister said.

Plans to open up without restrictions in June is literally falling behind all of it's competitors, by over 2 months! 

I'm currently in Vietnam, just needed to have a quick test downstairs in swampy to board the flight. 

I'm now increasingly liking Vietnam, especially with the possibility of obtaining a year long visa for a few hundred Dollars, with no need to leave and re-enter. 

My wife & child(& dog, who is refusing to eat since I left 6 days ago) in Thailand might have something to say about that though, that's why I'm planning to jump through the hoops and risk the financial upset of quarantine to go back. 

1 hour ago, MaiDong said:

Plans to open up without restrictions in June is literally falling behind all of it's competitors, by over 2 months! 

I'm currently in Vietnam, just needed to have a quick test downstairs in swampy to board the flight. 

I'm now increasingly liking Vietnam, especially with the possibility of obtaining a year long visa for a few hundred Dollars, with no need to leave and re-enter. 

My wife & child(& dog, who is refusing to eat since I left 6 days ago) in Thailand might have something to say about that though, that's why I'm planning to jump through the hoops and risk the financial upset of quarantine to go back. 

And Vietnam had 100,000+ new cases yesterday. Yet, there are adults running the place, apparently. Unlike the timid children here. It is getting to the point where the whole thing is bordering on ludicrous. Especially when you consider who is really taking the risk, which is great for a tourist coming here now. Such goons. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And Vietnam had 100,000+ new cases yesterday. Yet, there are adults running the place, apparently. Unlike the timid children here. It is getting to the point where the whole thing is bordering on ludicrous. Especially when you consider who is really taking the risk, which is great for a tourist coming here now. Such goons. 

You're under-selling them again, things got ludicrous a long, long time ago! 

Half of the population have never grasped the concept of socially distancing, whereas the other half are scared witless if covid. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The lady who cuts my hair tests herself twice a day. Can you even imagine the level of paranoia, fright and fear of the Zombie Apocalypse it would require to do such a thing? 

Prayuth has succeeded in bringing unhappiness and paranoia to the masses. 

The OTT practice and consciousness still exist in much of the world - officially or not.

Most have become so easy as to having the seeds planted. 

On 3/25/2022 at 2:30 AM, webfact said:

However, the minister suggested that ATK testing should still be conducted on the first day of arrival for public confidence or that the test could be optional but encouraged.

"However, the minister suggested that ATK testing should still be conducted on the first day of arrival".....as that is a guaranteed 100,000 THB for a private hospital who will be losing out big if testing restriction are relaxed.  Gotta keep up the 'private hospital confidence!'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I don't think so. If anyone still supported Cha Cha and his party before Covid, they now see right through his charade, inability to lead, failed administration, and ruse. He is the very definition of a pretender. His true approval level is likely around 2-3%. He will be gone soon. 

Out with the dinosaur party! In with the Thai youth. 

I hope you're right, and I also hope that that true vote results are counted. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, shdmn said:

They did and they are.  The reason they are dropping the pre-test requirement is because they are competing with Vietnam and Philippines now and trying to do one better. Hopefully they get rid of T&G all together by May/June.

thanks for confirming....carry on..

On 3/25/2022 at 9:13 AM, kimamey said:

I've just done the Thailand Pass day 1 Hotel stay and that was OK.  I arrived at 9am so after arriving at the hotel before 10 and having the test it was the rest of the day and overnight. Not bad at all but then sleeping was my main focus. 

I got back from the UK yesterday, made the mistake of staying in one of the Airport SHA+ hotels as my plan was to go straight home from there rather than go into Bangkok.

• Landed 7am 
  • Through Immigration / Checks & baggage collected by 7:30
  • Hotel Van picked 8 of us up at 8:40 
  • Test completed & on to hotel at 9:10
  • Test results back at 19:25
  • In a Taxi & on my way home (Wongamat) 19:30 
  • Home 21:00 

Compared to my mate who lives/works in Bangkok so stayed in a hotel in central Bangkok.

• Landed 7am 
  • Car waiting to take him away & at the hospital by 8am 
  • Test done & at Hotel by 8:30
  • Test results back at 13:50
  • Home by 14:15

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I got back from the UK yesterday, made the mistake of staying in one of the Airport SHA+ hotels as my plan was to go straight home from there rather than go into Bangkok.

• Landed 7am 

Compared to my mate who lives/works in Bangkok so stayed in a hotel in central Bangkok.

• Landed 7am 

Which hotel did your friend stay in?

On 3/28/2022 at 4:42 AM, Mike Teavee said:

• Landed 7am 

• Landed 7am 

I must admit having to wait overnight seemed a bit longer than others have mentioned particularly as it wasn't a cheap hotel. It's possible I could have paid extra for a quicker result but there wasn't much point for me. I'd initially intended to go straight home to Mahasarakham via a flight to Khon Kaen but as it turned out we needed to go to wedding in Chanthaburi on the 11th and my wife couldn't get a flight to Bangkok until the evening of the 10th so speed wasn't a problem.

On 3/27/2022 at 4:26 PM, spidermike007 said:

The lady who cuts my hair tests herself twice a day. Can you even imagine the level of paranoia, fright and fear of the Zombie Apocalypse it would require to do such a thing? 

Prayuth has succeeded in bringing unhappiness and paranoia to the masses. 

She probably spends more money on testing kits than what she earns, cutting hair.

• Haha 1