Need to change flight with Thai Airways online

rudi49jr

Has anyone changed their flight/ticket online, through the Thai Airways website? Because in the Manage Flight Booking | Manage Thai Airways Booking section it says you can easily manage your booking. So I give in my THAI booking reference and last name, and then arrive at my booking details. But nowhere can I see how I can change my flight.

My girlfriend is scheduled to fly from Frankfurt to Bangkok on June 3, but she needs to go back a lot earlier, somewhere in the first week of April. Thai Airways in Frankfurt is not available by phone, only by email. Sent them an email yesterday, but have no idea when I can expect a response.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

I needed to change my ticket when I was in Thailand - I knew it would be a waste of time trying to do it online/by phone/by email and so I drove an hour to Phuket airport and went to their little office there and spoke face to face. No joy as it was a cattle-class ticket, but at least I got a quick answer.

Are you nowhere near a Thai Airways office?

Edited by London Lowf

Most Thai Airways offices everywhere in the world are still closed (London is too) except for airport ticket desks. All of the many changes, upgrades etc. I have done in the last 2 years I have done by the Thai main office in Bangkok by phone. Calling from overseas on Skype is just a few cents per minute. They speak English and are very helpful. Do note that if you booked a ticket with a travel agent (online or phone) then only they can normally change the ticket. The phone number for Thai Airways is +66 2 356 1111.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, London Lowf said:

I needed to change my ticket when I was in Thailand - I knew it would be a waste of time trying to do it online/by phone/by email and so I drove an hour to Phuket airport and went to their little office there and spoke face to face. No joy as it was a cattle-class ticket, but at least I got a quick answer.

Are you nowhere near a Thai Airways office?

Unfortunately, I am five hours away from the nearest Thai Airways office, so am very reluctant to go there to sort things out.

46 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Most Thai Airways offices everywhere in the world are still closed (London is too) except for airport ticket desks. All of the many changes, upgrades etc. I have done in the last 2 years I have done by the Thai main office in Bangkok by phone. Calling from overseas on Skype is just a few cents per minute. They speak English and are very helpful. Do note that if you booked a ticket with a travel agent (online or phone) then only they can normally change the ticket. The phone number for Thai Airways is +66 2 356 1111.

Thanks! Will try calling them on Skype right away.

Ticket changes can't be done online, so the process is to do as you have via email and they process them in terms of urgency. The Facebook page is a good source of information, so you can always verify on there.

I made the same experience: you can retrieve and review your booking, but not change it on-line. Whenever I needed to modify a booking, I called Thai Airways' call center under 02 356 1111, and they take the calls usually within around 5 minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chopinbkk said:

If I buy a TG ticket for August now (BKK - FRA -BKK, bc, TB 75.000), will the airline still be around in August to fly me ?

Why would you consider buying a ticket with an airline in August which might go bust any day??? 

I just did a search on SkyScanner for (BKK - FRA - BKK Business Class) and got loads of results with better airlines and many cheaper!

Cheap flights from Bangkok to Frankfurt at Skyscanner

6 minutes ago, Chopinbkk said:

Thanks, but your "loads of results / cheaper" are ALL with a stop over. TG is direct!

Exactly! FWIW: I flew into BKK on Thai Airways yesterday from London (economy class) that took just 11hrs. Got chatting to a lady sitting near me and turned out that she is senior cabin crew on British Airways. We had a good chat about stuff and Thailand etc. She told me that she could have got staff travel with Qatar Air for £200 but paid £900 instead to go with Thai Airways as it was direct non-stop and less likely to miss a connection (she is here to visit a very sick relative). At the end of the flight we were discussing differences with BA and other carriers. She thought Thai Airways was excellent - seating (9 across and not 10), legroom, food, service and crew.

On 3/26/2022 at 3:46 PM, soi3eddie said:

She thought Thai Airways was excellent - seating (9 across and not 10), legroom, food, service and crew.

This from a professional air traveler too.

The Thai bashers aint gonna like this one little bit.

• Like 1