SCB Easy App Is Anyone Having A Recent Problem

When opening my SCB Easy App, I am getting a message that the app is no longer supported and that I need to update the app but there seems to be no way to update the app.

Before I uninstall and reinstall which could cause problems or go to the branch am just wondering if anyone else has very recent problem with the app?

If you've not updated for a while it will expire as not supported, time to update. You can update via the Play Store, it should appear in your list of available updates (I'm assuming Android here, one also assumes iOS would be similar).

If the update does go pear-shaped you can still access via your browser at https://www.scbeasy.com/

• Like 2

Just tested iOS app and it works normally. Just when installing it, you have to disable Wifi and use cellular network, so it can check phone number. If it's not same number as what is registered with the bank, it refuses to let you log in.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, shortstop2 said:

When opening my SCB Easy App, I am getting a message that the app is no longer supported

What does the message say, exactly?

Android?

If yes, Android version?

When did you last use it successfully?

Current SCB EASY Android version is 3.53.0, updated March 17, 2022.

Long press on the icon, press "i", force stop the app, then open.

Update the app.

You have the same SIM/phone number as you did when the app last worked?

• Like 1

Find no way to update?

And you are sure that it does not say otherwise: your phone operating system (Android < 6) is no longer supported?

I remember a thread about Bangkok bank app where this was clearly stated).

My SCB app works (Android 12 and latest app version).

Ugly but it works ????

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Came to my mind: is it possible that you have not updated the app since more than two years (and maybe run with an old Android/iOs version)?

And now SCB finally stops accepting the old app version without considering the Android/iOs version?

• Like 1

SCB Easy runs fine on Android 11 and 12.

No recent comments on the PlayStore re: problems. So pretty sure this is specific to the OP.

Says Android 6 or higher.

I did just update my mobile number, installed the app on my new phone and it works fine. I think you need to be on a mobile data network rather than WiFi at initial registration. And you need to be using the number/SIM associated with your SCB account.

No clue what the OP's issue is? Need to see the error message.

I have to say, SCB is much easier to deal with re: providing service at a branch other than your home branch. Bangkok Bank, at least for me, always decline service after looking at my branch prefix. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

What does the message say, exactly?

This application version is no longer supported.  Please update to the latest version.

19 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Android?

If yes, Android version?

10 and did a software update today.

15 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Came to my mind: is it possible that you have not updated the app since more than two years

Opened my account and laoded the app in June 2021.

On 3/26/2022 at 3:28 PM, Crossy said:

If you've not updated for a while it will expire as not supported, time to update. You can update via the Play Store, it should appear in your list of available updates

Keeps saying Try Again

19 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

When did you last use it successfully?

Current SCB EASY Android version is 3.53.0, updated March 17, 2022.

Not sure if last used successfully was before or after March 17th.

On 3/26/2022 at 3:28 PM, Crossy said:

If the update does go pear-shaped you can still access via your browser at https://www.scbeasy.com/

I can login using my browser instead of the app.

Could be as simple as Uninstall and Reinstall but will go to my branch and ask first.  

Thanks to all who replied!