Private Health Cover increased by almost 100% in 2 years ?

4MyEgo

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Thanks for posting.  WRLife are doing a lot of marketing especially on Facebook, but so far not much anecdotal evidence of claims being met with minimal fuss.

I first noticed them from their Advertorial on the Insurance in Thailand Forum. I both contacted them and purchased the policy through their office in Paris, France, no  broker involved.

• Like 1

Just as an update to the op as at first I was sceptical about the quoted figures of insurance premium.

I had a longer discussion with Passportcard directly as last year my premium increased by 43% after my 60's birthday. After directly asking them about future premiums I was told that upon renewal in 3 months from now my premium will be increased again by more than 40% because of  blah blah blah sharply increasing costs of healthcare in Thailand, inflation and so on. That means  I will have to pay the double amount than beginning 2021 similar to the op.

However, Passportcard  was in my opinion a low cost insurer compared to other companies and with age 60 premium is catching up with unusual high increases. As I was told that every 5 years a new age group will bring a large increase I will also have keep this in mind as at some point premium will not be longer affordable with increases in age groups.

• Like 1