Looking for Golden Retriever pups!

MiniRaccoon

Hello! 
hopefully in the next month or so i’m going to move to chiangmai. For the first time I will be moving into a house and not an apartment and I’ve always wanted a golden retriever! 

was wondering if anyone know of any breeders or any locations I could look into to get a golden retriever pup.

any info will be helpful :))

I was also looking but as I would want to see the parents before I bought.
 I would prefer in the Pattaya/Bangkok driving area.
I have had two Golden's, Great dogs and very good with my grandkids.
The dogs do need a lot of grooming, if you have a pool they will be the first in, they love the beach and sea.

The above was from Google  and in Chiang Mai

Just Google Craig Youse Phucket
They have a nice web site

This isn't particularly a recommendation because I only know of the guy by reputation, but there is a well-known Golden breeder called Craig Youse on Phuket, and he also works with other GR breeders across the country. 

I knew someone with a golden when i lived in CM .The dog did not seem to mind the heat .They adopt .I used breed Labs myself when i lived  in Thailand .They also had no problem with the heat that they were born into .There is a market in CM towards the Airport but still in town who sell all breeds .They are a bit dodgy though as what they tell you is a golden may be a mix with another breed .

39 minutes ago, anto said:

I knew someone with a golden when i lived in CM .The dog did not seem to mind the heat

I do not think that is the norm.  I have Thai dogs and hot days slows even them down a lot.  

Golden Retrievers are great family dogs.

I have two German sheperds and one has short hair and one long hair but strangely teh short hair gets hotter as it has a double coat of hair! 

Not sure about Goldens so research the number of layers of hair...

Thailand is hot but dogs sleep during the day in the shade and at night it is not bad outside...

If you keep a dog inside be prepared for a big job washing and brushing them...

More important than inside or outside is taking them for walks everyday raining or not...

On 3/28/2022 at 8:41 PM, Bill97 said:

I do not think that is the norm.  I have Thai dogs and hot days slows even them down a lot.  

If you ever went to Koh Samed, there was a guy there with an Old English Sheepdog(Dulux ) dog. Used to hang around Jep's, Samed Villa.

Used to see it all the time and it always seemed full of fun. Year after year.

On 3/29/2022 at 1:57 AM, anto said:

I knew someone with a golden when i lived in CM .The dog did not seem to mind the heat .They adopt .I used breed Labs myself when i lived  in Thailand .They also had no problem with the heat that they were born into .There is a market in CM towards the Airport but still in town who sell all breeds .They are a bit dodgy though as what they tell you is a golden may be a mix with another breed .

Thankfully the Haya puppy market closed years ago.

If you want a GR, then get a GR…don’t like all the negative comments on why not to get one….

great dogs but be sure to get a 100% golden…

a couple of good breeders in CM….our more recent one came from the breeder in doi saket on road 118 to chiang rai…

you can see both mother and father there which is important…

• Like 2

If your interest is sincere, pm me and I can ask my wife for the contact info about the breeder in the doi saket area….you can get a paper pup or no paper pup as we did….

I did a google search to find breeders in CM and it was worthless 

we did check out 2 other breeders in CM but didn’t like their living conditions for dogs

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

If your interest is sincere, pm me and I can ask my wife for the contact info about the breeder in the doi saket area….you can get a paper pup or no paper pup as we did….

I did a google search to find breeders in CM and it was worthless 

we did check out 2 other breeders in CM but didn’t like their living conditions for dogs

Yeah I think we got ours from the same place.  Far away though, it's well past Doi Saket. ????

Golden Retrievers are fine outside.   If it's crazy hot in the afternoon in the hot season then the dog does prefer to be inside. ???? 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 9:53 PM, elektrified said:

We had a purebred GR here for 12 years. She was a wonderful dog and very smart. She's been gone for about 6 years now.  If she wasn't indoors she was outside with complete shade.

The one thing I will say is that there are a lot of ticks around Chiang Mai. Not like the ticks in the West. These carry a parasite that infects the dog's blood. We were constantly giving her injections and removing ticks as she loved to wander round the moobaan and swim in a neighbors lake. During certain times of the year she would come back with a lot of ticks. It was a lot of work.

We have no fleas or ticks at all and our dogs are outside everyday and never come in the house- we live in Mae Rim which should be the same as Chiang Mai the solution is to use a high quality flea collar which are expensive and imported...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 11:34 AM, elena edwards said:

Where in CM or online can I buy high quality flea collars for my two eight-month old pups? Any recommendations would be very helpful as the tick season's just started in my area.

Easy to buy on Amazon, sometimes available from Shoppe or Lazada

• 2 weeks later...

I get mine on route 118 to CR, about 50 Km from CM,

right after the shooting range 333.

The owner, Vichian, is quite a nice man but hates

complicated people, you are warned.

He do the breeding with his wife, they are so successful

that the waiting list is quite long, so easier to be nice,

they love their job by the way.

In summer time, we trim his hairs, just like us and

we are lucky to have a large pond where he can

go swim or refresh, and he knows where  to find the cool places in the property.

A real family member!

All the best.

• Like 1