Strange Air Condition Problem.

NoshowJones

I have had problems in the past with my AC, water spitting out and little spots on the floor underneath the unit.

This time the problem is much worse, a pool of water forms on the floor a full 3ft to the right of the unit after it has been on for a while. I put my hand under the unit several times and feel nothing, not even the little spits of water.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

1 minute ago, tonray said:

Likely a clogged drain line. Also there is a tray inside to catch excess water (on very hot and humid days) before  it can be drained away Could be cracked....ever get cleaning service for AC units ?

Yes, about every six months. I just cannot understand why the water gathers in a pool a full 3ft away.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, about every six months. I just cannot understand why the water gathers in a pool a full 3ft away.

Water will flow where it can....whether you can see the outlet point or not...it is flowing from somewhere near your AC...unless you are saying that the leak is from a pipe in the wall ?

If the condensate drain is blocked, the collecting tray can fill with water. If it gets too full the fan can blow the water out of the tray. 

You might be able to clear it yourself if accessible. If not, time for a service.

2 minutes ago, tonray said:

Water will flow where it can....whether you can see the outlet point or not...it is flowing from somewhere near your AC...unless you are saying that the leak is from a pipe in the wall ?

No, there are no pipes in the wall, certainly not about 3ft away from the AC unit.

Just now, possum1931 said:

No, there are no pipes in the wall, certainly not about 3ft away from the AC unit.

Well then there is a drain line that runs from the AC to the outside....that is leaking water and ending up on your floor......how it gets to the floor can only be seen if you take the unit apart and inspect the flow

4 minutes ago, phetphet said:

If the condensate drain is blocked, the collecting tray can fill with water. If it gets too full the fan can blow the water out of the tray. 

You might be able to clear it yourself if accessible. If not, time for a service.

Yes, it is due it's 6month service right now.

2 minutes ago, tonray said:

Well then there is a drain line that runs from the AC to the outside....that is leaking water and ending up on your floor......how it gets to the floor can only be seen if you take the unit apart and inspect the flow

I will just have to wait and see what the engineer says when he comes. Thanks.

50 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Slight dip in the floor - tiles perhaps. 

Water falls at the base then runs to where you are finding it. It is a clogged drain or your filters are dirty.

1 hour ago, hughrection said:

Slight dip in the floor - tiles perhaps. 

Water falls at the base then runs to where you are finding it. It is a clogged drain or your filters are dirty.

Wifie took me round the back and there were very small drips coming from the pipe leading from the big AC box.

Now waiting for the guy to come and see it.