Is it just me or

10 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

What ever happened to people being responsible for themselves.

Just look at the role models.

Johnson inveterate liar. Trump,  mental. Putin, megalomaniac.......and probably the worstest role models of all....selfish, ignorant parents.

There only two role models that spring to mind on the world stage, Arden and Merkel .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

It's you.

Half the things you are mentioning are not nearly as bad as you are making out and I would suggest that most of it is a dog whistle by Republicans/The Right to get the boomer generation all worked up.

'In the U..S,  We have major organizations telling parents what their children should be taught be it CRT' - do you even know what the CRT content actually is or are you just echoing what Fox news tells you?

'sexuality and that they may be gay in grade 1' - doesn't happen. Another dog whistle from the religous right picked up by politicians.

'We have wars gong on and leaders that really have no idea what they are doing' - there's always been wars and always been clueless idiots. The fact is we're living through one of the most peaceful times in human history (https://www.vox.com/2015/6/23/8832311/war-casualties-600-years) So what's your point?  

'We have has been stars trying to be relevant by orchestrating confrontations on has been tv shows.'  I assume you are refering to Will Smith. There was nothing orchestrated about what happened as we all now know.

'What ever (sic) happened to people being responsible for themselves' - on the whole people still are.

'What ever happened to education in Primary schools being about teaching kids to read write and Arithmetic.' - that's exactly what gets taught in primary schools. What schools are you talking about?

So yeah, it's you.

Well said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

"What ever happened to education in Primary schools being about teaching kids to read write and Arithmetic."

It's sad to watch a kid in 7/11 trying to comprehend what I am doing when I am paying for an item that costs 119 baht, and I give them a 1000 baht note and a 20 baht note. Had to use a calculator, then called for help with the calculator.

Knew a guy in the 809's that owned a pizza parlor.  his interview was

a slice of peperoni   1.00

a slice of Hawaiian1.25

a coke 25

a bag of chips 16

How much do you charge him

He gives you a 5 dollar bill what do you give him for change.

No calculator or pencils allowed.

don't know what the failure rate was but a lot of university kids looked for a different job lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Somewhat ironic smartphones are dumbing down populations around the world, but I think that was your point.

It is not just the phone it is also the internet.

Imagine the conversations here is we had to use our real names.

Social media allows people to flame whoever they want and be anonymous with no repercussions.

Just remember what it was like when yo called someone something bad on the phone in the old days they knew who you were 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingstonkid said:

Social media allows people to flame whoever they want and be anonymous with no repercussions.

Just remember what it was like when yo called someone something bad on the phone in the old days they knew who you were 

Yes.....but I bet my dad is bigger than your dad.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Valid point.

I try to be polite to everyone here, but some do make it a labor of Hercules.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

What ever happened to people being responsible for themselves.

What ever happened to education in Primary schools being about teaching kids to read write and Arithmetic.

sorry for the rant just needed to get this off my chest.

And it gets worse all over the world. This is one of those horror stories from Canada.

• Like 1

US walked off a cliff when they legalized homosexual marriage. After that it was all downhill. I think it's great Thailand is holding the line on the institution.

Now, Florida has need to create a law to prevent teachers from discussing homosexuality and gender and God knows what else with children under ten.

If you were to pick a country on a map of the world that represented trannies undoubtedly it would be Thailand. Nevertheless, has anyone seen on a regular basis or even much at all a 40, 50 or 60-year-old tranny? I ride the MRT and BTS daily and my answer is undoubtedly no. Non existent. It's purely fetish and fashion. Pity the children. Pity us all.

Edited by TheScience
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

It's you.

Half the things you are mentioning are not nearly as bad as you are making out and I would suggest that most of it is a dog whistle by Republicans/The Right to get the boomer generation all worked up.

'In the U..S,  We have major organizations telling parents what their children should be taught be it CRT' - do you even know what the CRT content actually is or are you just echoing what Fox news tells you?

'sexuality and that they may be gay in grade 1' - doesn't happen. Another dog whistle from the religous right picked up by politicians.

'We have wars gong on and leaders that really have no idea what they are doing' - there's always been wars and always been clueless idiots. The fact is we're living through one of the most peaceful times in human history (https://www.vox.com/2015/6/23/8832311/war-casualties-600-years) So what's your point?  

'We have has been stars trying to be relevant by orchestrating confrontations on has been tv shows.'  I assume you are refering to Will Smith. There was nothing orchestrated about what happened as we all now know.

'What ever (sic) happened to people being responsible for themselves' - on the whole people still are.

'What ever happened to education in Primary schools being about teaching kids to read write and Arithmetic.' - that's exactly what gets taught in primary schools. What schools are you talking about?

So yeah, it's you.

Hello pot, meet kettle.  You are guilty of the same thing you are accusing the OP of doing.  You accuse the OP of "echoing Fox News"...so are you rebutting his remarks based on you echoing CNN or MSNBC?  

Your criticism is what, IMO, is wrong with the world.  Just because the OP has an opinion of what he believes doesn't make it true....then again, your rebuttal is what you believe, but doesn't necessarily make them accurate either. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And it gets worse all over the world. This is one of those horror stories from Canada.

It's getting scary alright. One poster above went out of his way to pound the liberal drums. In the US sending your kid to a private school is necessary, but then what about college?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

"What ever happened to education in Primary schools being about teaching kids to read write and Arithmetic."

It's sad to watch a kid in 7/11 trying to comprehend what I am doing when I am paying for an item that costs 119 baht, and I give them a 1000 baht note and a 20 baht note. Had to use a calculator, then called for help with the calculator.

That is called savvy , many young Thais have none.

Thankfully some have

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Google and Wikipedia are not the be-all and end-all, I occasionally find errors of fact in them.

I'm all ears if you can help me understand how someone with an IQ of 80 will be improved to 100, I've always wanted to get into Mensa.

No good asking me . Read what the general consensus is . We all become smarter on average . I can understand that .Mensa I have no idea , I will look it up on google

6 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

It seems that people are getting stupider by the minute.

Every time I open the news someone is saying or doing something stupid.

It's not people. It's the media. They are the ones who make money by highly suspect reporting, antagonistic articles, and publishing stuff just for reaction. You/we are the victims of their money making system. The dumber we are the more money they make and the more division is sown.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1