Agent for Residence Certificate - Bangkok?

Does anyone know/can recommend an agent that can get Residence Certificates in Bangkok? I did find one agency that apparently offers this service, but it's not replying to my Line/Facebook messages.

Thanks.

I'm not aware of any agent that can obtain a residence certificate in Bangkok.

BTW you obtain them at MTT.

200 baht.

Takes couple of weeks, there mail it out to you. 

You must have previously made a 90 day report..

@ThaiVisaCentre can agents obtain residence certificate at MTT? 

Edited by DrJack54

54 minutes ago, Oxx said:

You might think differently if you were my age, in poor health, and living a long, long way from Mueang Thong Thani.

OP, you did not indicate reason for residence certificate.

I posted above that not possible.

TVC (agent) replied that cannot obtain at MTT.

You mention age and poor health.

Surely RC not for TDL.

Reason for residence certificate might assist. 

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What is a residence certificate (for Bangkok)? I live here since decades and I don't think I have such thing or need it.

You would require one for various things.

The obvious one is a Thai driving license.

Also banks can require one to open bank account. Bangkok Bank being one example.

There are other reasons. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Also banks can require one to open bank account. Bangkok Bank being one example.

There are other reasons. 

Thanks. In above cases it seems until now I showed them a bill with my address or a bank statement and that was all they wanted. 

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks. In above cases it seems until now I showed them a bill with my address or a bank statement and that was all they wanted. 

I would be surprised if you could show a bill as proof of address to obtain a driving license. On the other hand, maybe you have a work permit or a yellow book that might have been accepted instead.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That certainly would not work in Bangkok for say a driver's license.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Caldera said:

On the other hand, maybe you have a work permit or a yellow book that might have been accepted instead.

Is that still possible in Bangkok?

Vaguely recall it was changed to only residence certificate for TDL was acceptable.

(Permanent residents not included)

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Is that still possible in Bangkok?

Vaguely recall it was changed to only residence certificate for TDL was acceptable.

(Permanent residents not included)

Right, even that might not be possible anymore nowadays, but maybe @OneMoreFarang still got lucky whenever he needed to prove his address. 

Edited by Caldera

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Right, even that might not be possible anymore nowadays, but maybe @OneMoreFarang still got lucky whenever he needed to prove his address. 

I have to admit I did this the last time a couple of years ago. I have no idea if anything changed. But now I have i.e. also my Thai driver license with my address on it. That seems to do the job in some cases where normally companies ask for my passport. 

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

There are other reasons. 

With a Yellow Book, a residence certificate is not needed.

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Rubbish reply.

In other words to the OP , the answer is No 

BTW what the heck is "visa clients"

Perhaps inquiry is about TDL.

Sorry but I thought you were asking if we offered this.

The short answer is NO.

* unless the client processed their visa through us

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 7:28 AM, DrJack54 said:

There are other reasons. 

other reasons; to open some bank accounts, register a vehicle.....

On 4/3/2022 at 5:33 AM, Oxx said:

You might think differently if you were my age, in poor health, and living a long, long way from Mueang Thong Thani.

Do you have someone else do your extensions for you?  If so you may be able to have them do the resident certificate without you going too.

I understand you can obtain a residence certificate at MTT.  I am planning to do my 90 day report in a few months there and wish to apply for the RC whilst I am there.  My reasons for obtaining one are to open a second bank account as they require it, plus I plan to apply for a Tax Identification Number after 6 months of residency as well and I plan to obtain a thai driving license.   As this will be my first time at MTT can someone advise if there is a particular counter or area in the building I should go to apply for this please?   Also do I need to do an antigen test to get into the building or just proof of vaccination is enough?  Thank you. 

38 minutes ago, HKexpat said:

I understand you can obtain a residence certificate at MTT.

There have been recent announcements about MTT.

You need check current threads. 

Regarding of function such as 90 reports etc 

They are moving.

You need check dates.

Current threads have details

Edited by DrJack54

Thanks Dr Jack, not sure I understand the they are moving part do you mean MTT immigration is relocating?   Tried scrolling through recent threads as haven’t been able to figure out how to search specific items and will just go do the 90 day report at MTT and figure it out when I get there. 

7 minutes ago, HKexpat said:

Thanks Dr Jack, not sure I understand the they are moving part do you mean MTT immigration is relocating?   Tried scrolling through recent threads as haven’t been able to figure out how to search specific items and will just go do the 90 day report at MTT and figure it out when I get there. 

From the 18th onward MTT will be closed.

Ninty day reporting is moving to Chaeng Wattana and Counter K is moving to a mall in Laksi.

Info is in this topic. 

On 4/3/2022 at 5:33 AM, Oxx said:

Some (like me) often forget that outside Tourist Areas, Agents are often used for physical convenience purposes, not only non- compliance or non- acceptance of direct govt. terms.