Internet & TV packages

thaibook

I am about to move into a condo in Pak Kret, Nonthaburi.  In the past I have used the hotel or library wifi and a DTAC telephone wifi package.  Now I will have an established base and may watch some TV and expect that my wife will wish to watch some.  I am sadly deficient in knowledge of what is available and what is needed.

what makes a bundles package worthwhile compared to an internet service and connecting directly to individual services?

with a bundle does the there have to be a cable to the TV box or is it wireless between the router and the box?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

We are out in the sticks and use 3BB for internet. We also use a GMM Z HD Smile Plus box for free Thai satellite TV channels.

Do you have a smart TV?

At the moment I do not have any TV

16 minutes ago, thaibook said:

At the moment I do not have any TV

I just bought this one for the grandkids. You can get it cheaper if you shop around.

Samsung TV

PS Do not get confused by ads describing digital TVs, they are not "smart TVs". Although, Smart TVs are digital.

Edited by Chris.B

Thank you all.  The key seems to be a good broadband wifi and a smart tv. So find out who provides good/the best wifi service to where I will live.  Then sample TV offerings, not neglecting free or less popular offerings.

2 hours ago, thaibook said:

Thank you all.  The key seems to be a good broadband wifi and a smart tv. So find out who provides good/the best wifi service to where I will live.  Then sample TV offerings, not neglecting free or less popular offerings.

You don't need a Smart TV. A separate box is better; anything from an nVidia Shield to an Android box.

Broadband, not WiFi. WiFi is just a method of sharing the signal.

6 hours ago, thaibook said:

So find out who provides good/the best wifi service

Ideally you want your own dedicated fixed-broadband fiber connection. Shared WiFi would be less than ideal. Broadband providers like AIS Fiber, 3BB and True Online also offer free and paid streaming packages.

Again, what do you want to watch? What is your budget for content?

Most new TVs support native casting, so just about any service can be streamed to/cast from your phone to your TV. Most new TV's have streaming apps built in. And finally, you can attach a dedicated streaming appliance (Chromecast, Firestick, Xiaomi Mi stick, Android box) to your TV.

Many, many, many options.