New Hop-on, Hop-off bus service launched in Hua Hin

webfact

277801361_1680092145716633_5048155839596926223_n-696x522.jpg

Image: Bou Marley

By Jonathan Fairfield

As seen in Paris, London, New York, San Francisco, Rome, Barcelona, Madrid and now Hua Hin.

Red Hop-on, Hop-off buses will become a familiar sight on the streets of Hua Hin following the launch of a new service from today (April 2).

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The service, which is set to benefit both tourists and locals, offers unlimited weekend travel for just 300 baht and follows on from the one launched last year by Event Hub Hua Hin.

The bus travels the length of Hua Hin, stopping at key locations along the way.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/new-hop-on-hop-off-bus-service-launched-in-hua-hin/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-04-04

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tubulat said:

Not only that but when I see that tour bus is way too big for that town, especially when it has to stop everywhere.

Last time I was in HH a Tuk-tuk quoted me 200 baht for a very short journey.. I hopped on the local baht bus, cost 25 baht for the trip.

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Baht buses are better value.

Ever tried baht bus in Hua hin? 

For sjmhort distances could do, but most of the time you need that, they are overcrowded. Not sure at the time being it is the same problem, but when Hua Hi busy, the baht bus is overloaded.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, NE1 said:

On all my travels , CAT in Perth Australia has the best hop on hop off bus service .

It is free , clean and very well run.

You haven't traveled to Georgetown Penang and used the clean, air con, hop on, hop off, free 202 service then.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Last time I was in HH a Tuk-tuk quoted me 200 baht for a very short journey.. I hopped on the local baht bus, cost 25 baht for the trip.

200 thb, that's a reasonable price, the time I live on Phuket you pay double, for a short trip.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

This is what we have in the UK for all bus services. They follow a specific route with specified stopping places for passengers to get on and off, very rigid. It seems a bit of a backward step because the baht buses are much more flexible since there and no specified stopping places. Baht buses are the perfect mix, flexibility of a taxi and the capacity of a small bus

• Like 2