Hayfever in Thailand

sikishrory

I am interested to hear if other Hayfever sufferers are affected living in Thailand.

In South East Australia my Hayfever is chronic and without medicine I am basically incapacitated. Constantly sneezing, red eyes. It is unbearable without medicine.

I did an allergin test a while back in Thailand. It showed up as having a strong allergy to grass and trees.

There are grass and trees and flowers everywhere in Thailand where I live and I get nothing. In 9 years nothing at all.

Anybody know the reason for this?

I am considering moving to the tropical north east part of Australia and wondering if because it is tropical like Thailand I will get it or not.

What are other peoples experiences?

I was in a similar situation and now take an antihistamine and a steroidal nasal spray to keep it under control. If I take just one or the other they are totally ineffective.

Are you sure it is a pollen related reaction? If not, moving won't help.

I am allergic to myself!!! I react to the release cortisol, particularly when waking up.

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I was in a similar situation and now take an antihistamine and a steroidal nasal spray to keep it under control. If I take just one or the other they are totally ineffective.

Are you sure it is a pollen related reaction? If not, moving won't help.

I am allergic to myself!!! I react to the release cortisol, particularly when waking up.

Keep it under control in Thailand you mean?

1 minute ago, hughrection said:

A Mi air filter helps me and it really only affects me when I wake up and for a little time after.

A few blows of the nose and its gone until tomorrow morning. Strange.

I bought one of those mi filters for my condo. It was always at 0 so after a month I sold it. I guess the air was pretty clean anyway

1 minute ago, sikishrory said:

I bought one of those mi filters for my condo. It was always at 0 so after a month I sold it. I guess the air was pretty clean anyway

I would suggest that you got a broken one. I live in the sticks with generally clean air and I have never gotten a zero.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

Keep it under control in Thailand you mean?

Started with my reaction years ago in Germany*........I do try coming off the meds every now and then to see if I can survive without them......tried that a few times in Germany, the UK and Thailand....after a week it is unbearable and I have to start taking the meds again.

*Started in very dramatic fashion......in a restaurant in Wiesbaden eating Chili Con Carne and boom......started sneezing and never stopped for about two weeks until the meds kicked in.