VPN no longer working

howerde

i have noticed over the last month or so i am no longer able to use a VPN to access some uk sites, these are not banned sites  but immigration and such, the reason i get is using a VPN.   and 2 sites i used for live sports also changed last week to deny access(if the VPN is turned off i get access though not to streaming sports, is something changing, and how long before the same happens to banking sites

Edited by howerde
missing text

4 minutes ago, howerde said:

is something changing

I think sites are always updating their blacklists, access rules are probably detailed in your terms and conditions with them.

5 minutes ago, howerde said:

how long before the same happens to banking sites

Which banks/sites do you envision challenges? Do they currently geo-restrict access? I'd think that would be challenging as millions of people travel and expect to be able to access their accounts.

Just now, mtls2005 said:

I think sites are always updating their blacklists, access rules are probably detailed in your terms and conditions with them.

Which banks/sites do you envision challenges? Do they currently geo-restrict access? I'd think that would be challenging as millions of people travel and expect to be able to access their accounts.

I just sense a change, i have used a VPN in excess of 5 years. never an issue, i can understand blocking streaming of live sports which has happened to me twice in the last month, but today 2 sites of general interest block me saying the VPN is an issue, turn it off and i get access. with reference to banking the issue i see at least for UK residents if using a VPN to access your account and this was blocked forcing you to use your true location, the bank might start asking questions and close accounts when they see you are not UK resident(short term on holiday etc not an issue)  for what it is worth my bank closed my account last year they said i was not resident been with them for 30 years. though i have a UK address no idea how they found out, and last week on the forum someone using using the BBC IPLAYER was denied access after years the reason given using a VPN