K-WEB online shopping card. Anyone still using?

Tried using my K-web online shopping card today. Can't even find it, or any details of it in my online account. Phoned K'Bank, and they said I needed to update security settings, which I have done. But still cannot see any mention of the card in my account.

There is a message in the online banking site saying that a new type of card is coming soon, and that current owners should still be able to use their old one. But i cannot find it listed in my account.

Anyone still managing to use this card?

I don't like to put debit card details into websites for online purchasing, and this particular site only accepts debit or credit cards. I don't have a Thai credit card.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I don't like to put debit card details into websites for online purchasing, and this particular site only accepts debit or credit cards. I don't have a Thai credit card.

Frankly speaking, your options are getting pretty narrow in 2022. You can't shove banknotes down the wire. . . and how do you perceive virtual cards to be less of a risk? I used Kasikorn's web card once or twice something like 15 years ago. It seems a bit pointless to me unless for some reason you can't get issued with a physical card.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
  • Haha 1

I'm currently still using mine (as recently as last Friday), BUT it will expire next month and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a new one.

That's because their "new" online banking website still doesn't have the option to apply for one - it has been saying "soon" ever since!

Quite disappointing, I rather like it for the extra security it offers, in particular the limit that I can set myself and different from my regular debit card. 

• Haha 1

I used to use the Kbank Kweb online card option quite a lot in 2010's. Haven't tried for a while as simply use my Wise card instead. Haven't even looked for the Kweb card on the new platform. Things change (for the easier).

I used K Web's card back in 2010s and having fraudulent charge once, their chargeback procedure is more robust than straight debit card 

Options on debit cards that appear as credit cards for online purchase these days that I have personally used are true wecard, and shopeepay card

• Like 1

I used to use it 4 - 5 years ago, whenever I tried to use it in the last couple of years it just gets refused as payment, then takes you to some card validation site that doesn't work...

9 hours ago, volsfan said:

Do you see a link at the Top left for K-Online Debit Card? I have it. Clicking it brings up the account. Under the balance it says See More and that will take you to the screen with the info about the card. 

Thanks.

I had looked there before , but couldn't see any of the card details. Once they had sorted out the security issue, I went back again and still could not see anything. Checked again this morning and could see the card.

Used it twice today and all working fine again.

49 minutes ago, Everyman said:

I just use my Thai debit card and it works fine.

Yes, but unlike a credit card, if someone gets your debit card details, they can empty your account. The virtual shopping card for online purchases is supposed to be safer according to K-Bank.