Tourist Visa - Is outbound flight required?

4 years ago when applying for a Tourist Visa in Vietnam for thailand the process required an outbound flight from thailand for the application. 

I just received my e-tourist visa through the website. But during the process there was no talk of requiring a return or outbound flight. 

Has anyone recently entered Thailand without having a return or outbound flight? I am worried that they may question me at Immigration about not having one. 

How did you get a Tourist Visa without having to provide evidence of a R/T ticket?  The Thai consulate in Los Angeles requirements for a TR visa specifically require a R/T ticket...What embassy/consulate did you use?  VIetnam?

My understanding is that the Thailand Pass application doesn't ask for a R/T ticket (only manually enter your arrival info and your departure dates, but not upload/provide an itinerary.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

A return or onward ticket is not required if you have any valid visa to use for entry to the country.

@ubonjoe I get that, but my question is that the OP indicated that he "just" got his e-Tourist Visa.  How does one go about getting a Tourist visa without proof on onward/return flight?

I would like this option, but I don't know how....

31 minutes ago, Phxdiver said:

I get that, but my question is that the OP indicated that he "just" got his e-Tourist Visa.  How does one go about getting a Tourist visa without proof on onward/return flight?

I would like this option, but I don't know how....

I am not sure how he managed to apply for tourist visa without a onward or return ticket. It is still shown as requirement on the e visa site.

image.png.f791284f76577c497db4aff19f110c8c.png

Source: https://thaievisa.go.th/tourist-visa

My suggestion is to get a temporary onward ticket to submit with the application. Search for "onward ticket" and you will find several websites offering them for as little as $12.

• Thanks 1

I'm not 100% convinced about using "rent a flight ticket" option.

Works for proof for airline when flying visa exempt.

For tourist visa application thinking they will look for the word "confirmation",  that means fully paid for.

I just Google cheapest throw away flight. One example Bangkok Saigon 1300baht.

Not nice but will work. 

7 minutes ago, Sambotte said:

You may be refused check-in, or refused entry. And added stress.

In Asia why bother ? An onward ticket can cost 50$. A refundable maybe 100-150 ?

Your call.

I'm a bit in the middle on this one.

Thinking onward flight from "rent a flight" companies is fine to satisfy airline to issue boarding pass when flying visa exempt.

If I was applying for eg tourist visa I would use your suggestion of a real ticket.

I posted current ticket earlier in thread Bangkok to Saigon 1300baht is just one example. 

40 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm a bit in the middle on this one.

Thinking onward flight from "rent a flight" companies is fine to satisfy airline to issue boarding pass when flying visa exempt.

If I was applying for eg tourist visa I would use your suggestion of a real ticket.

I posted current ticket earlier in thread Bangkok to Saigon 1300baht is just one example. 

Rent a flight is as real as any ticket can be. For a certain period. No way to tell the difference. Confirmed.

I got one last year and I was able to log in on the airline website with the confirmation code and my surname.

It was also accepted by the Thai Embassy.

• Like 1

There’s at least a couple out there which provide genuine tickets with valid pnr numbers that you can even go in and check stays online. They’re of course cancelled well before the actual flight date. Unlikely to be quizzed by immigration op, more likely check in if anything. Do yourself a favour and prebook one… though you could also do it standing in immigration line. 

I was doing the real-fake ticket years ago. One day i saw one company was cheating/not reliable.

And if you don't get the ticket you will have to hurry to get another one.

imo for 50 or 100 box... really guys ? I should not be on this thread maybe ???? 

Or it's really for those who want to play. Personally i find the stress of travels those days far enough to not add any, to play or to save a few box ????

I travel a lot, and now i always take refundable, closest-cheapest country, real ticket. Have the money back a few weeks/month later. Zero risk. Zero loss or a small fee. Peace of mind... for the continuation ticket. +Cash. +Hotel booking.

That was my last 2 cents ????

Totally baffled.

Why not pay a pucker-gen full fare confirmed res ticket out with a respectable airline and cancel it once in country for the refund? Why mess around with all that other tosh?

Can anyone clue me in?