In Thailand, the war in Ukraine divides the generations

webfact

27 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

The most disgusting post of the week. Actually, you don't have an idea about what is happening in Ukraine and Russia. And you DON'T CARE. This is what is really disgusting about your post.

Two or three sides to every story? My own 8 years old son just got lucky to get out of Kiev 3 weeks ago (it took 7 days exhausting trip to the Slovakian border). Most of the boys and girls he studies with - they are still there, under the Putin's bombs. Ukrainian children are killed on a daily basis! And here you find "other sides" to this story? This is because YOU DON'T REALLY CARE! So , please, shut up. Just shut up.

You misunderstood .

He was talking about ordinary Russian civilians , rather then the Government and Military .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

Do you remember those "ordinary German civilians" after the World War 2? Somehow, they all were made responsible for the Nazi regime's actions. This and only this helped the Germans to overcome their evil past and to become a modern and successful society today. Unless Russians go through the same process for the Stalin and Putin regimes' crimes - they will never change, will never become a part of the civilized world.  

It was understood at the time that the general German population were unaware of the atrocities being carried out by the Nazi regime and the civilians were not responsible for the actions of the military , also , there isnt much civilians can do about it 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You're really reaching, aren't you? So what?

Was Zelensky supported by the right wing party affiliated with Azov? No.

What percentage of the popular vote did that party get in the last election? If you answered with a number greater than 2.15% you'd be wrong.

And finally, here's the results of a poll from the Pew Research Center:

image.png.00cff278a7cb86b8b8b97b66b6956e4d.png

Out of all these nations surveyed, Ukraine had the lowest level of citizens responding negative when asked if they would accept Jews as fellow citizens.

Does it seem to you that this is a nation that needs to be de-Nazified which is what the Russian Govt claims?

Do you really believe what you read in a "reliable" media? Then you obviously also had believed what the same media told you some time ago about ... (sorry, I do not want to get it deleted for "off-topic). 

Perhaps this will not be considered "off-topic":

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/us-using-declassified-intel-fight-info-war-russia-even-intel-isnt-rock-rcna23014 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It was understood at the time that the general German population were unaware of the atrocities being carried out by the Nazi regime and the civilians were not responsible for the actions of the military , also , there isnt much civilians can do about it 

Well, modern day Russians are well aware of the Putin's and Stalin's atrocities. And most of them support those. I don't say you have to attack any Russian you meet. But those refusing to denounce Putin regime's crimes - should be treated respectively (no entry to the civilized world, the least). 

Edited by Hellfire
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

Well, modern day Russians are well aware of the Putin's and Stalin's atrocities. And most of them support those. I don't say you have to attack any Russian you meet. But those refusing to denounce Putin regime's crimes - should be treated respectively (no entry to the civilized world, the least). 

What percentage of Russians support the war in Ukraine ?

11 hours ago, Hellfire said:

I wonder how many of those Thais supporting the Russian cannibal Putin are actually Chinese Thai? I spoke to several Isaan Thais - all of them told me they don't like what Putin does.

You know, one of the many things the Ukrainian govt and ethnic ukrainian citizens should be commended for is their lack of comments suggesting that ethnic Ukrainian Russians are somehow untrustworthy. You would do well to follow their example and refrain from bigotry.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I don't think they had a referendum or vote on this yet.

I saw a recent article that said Putin's popularity had gone from about 70% to above 80% with Russians, which demonstrates the power of media when all other voices are stifled or howled down.

I'm wondering how that figure will change when the Russian economy collapses. Every foreign company is either pulling out of Russia, or suspending operations.

Aviation, automotive and other industries can't get spare parts to sustain their businesses.

How much money is Putin's war machine sucking in to keep going in Ukraine?

There's a lot of unemployed Russians coming down the pipeline, and mass unemployment has been known to give rise to revolutions before.

It may get even bloodier within Russia than in Ukraine, when the body bags of conscripts get there.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I saw a recent article that said Putin's popularity had gone from about 70% to above 80% with Russians, which demonstrates the power of media when all other voices are stifled or howled down.

A couple of Russians were interviewed on UK's Sky News this morning..... if their attitudes and opinions are dominant in Russia, heaven help us. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hellfire said:

Who should we believe instead? The media of the Russian Pharaoh? Independent and free? Russia is still the country of GULAG. People are still tortured in the Russian prisons the same way they were tortured in the Stalin's times (just read and watch the recent Russian penitentiary exposures). Nothing really changed. And here you cast doubts on the Western press? Really?

It does not truly matter what the “facts” are, but the question of “whose side are you on?”

What makes a “Hero” or a “Villain” will be determined by the simple question “whose side are you on?”

14 hours ago, ozimoron said:

well, Ukraine can stop it by ceding it's entire territory to Russia and cease to exist but would also need to forgive the war crimes with no guarantee that its citizens would ever be safe. On the other hand, Russia could simply stop the killing and the attacks. Which do you think should happen?

do you think it's better to save a field than to save millions of lives

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Do you think that a country which is attacked by another country should surrender immediately to save lives?

"Nyet" or "da"?

i didn't talk about surrender, and this language isn't my ''Nyet" or "da" you are wrong mate

9 hours ago, Saanim said:

First off, the Russian govt has only acknowledged that 1351 soldiers have died.

According to the the United Nations Commission for Human Right, 1611 civilian deaths have been verified. (Although they say that the total could be much higher.)

Are you saying that the Russian govt. is lying?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Saanim said:

The only reports coming out about high Russian casualties are from what you would call the corrupt and dishonest Western media. The Russian media and government have not published any such reports. Which means you must actually believe Western media sources about high Russian casualties.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

First off, the Russian govt has only acknowledged that 1351 soldiers have died.

According to the the United Nations Commission for Human Right, 1611 civilian deaths have been verified. (Although they say that the total could be much higher.)

Are you saying that the Russian govt. is lying?

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

In reality I struggle to believe anything that comes out of a Russian mouth....they seem to think other Nations will believe the most incredulous rubbish. May they rot in hell for their crimes. 

8 hours ago, placeholder said:

What's truly interesting is how you have betrayed yourself in this comment. The only reports coming out about high Russian casualties are from what you would call the corrupt and dishonest Western media. The Russian media and government have not published any such reports. Which means you must actually believe Western media sources about high Russian casualties.

Ukraine War: Kremlin spokesman Peskov admits 'significant' Russian losses

Published 1 day ago

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61033173

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-war-putins-spokesman-denies-war-crimes-but-admits-significant-russian-losses-12584552

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2022/04/07/dmitry-peskov-kremlin-admits-significant-losses-ukraine-tsr-sot-vpx.cnn

6 hours ago, Saanim said:

And what kind of government is it that won't of old the numbers of troops it has lost. Does that mean that the Russian military isn't even keeping count? Does this mean that the number of deaths they have the balls 1351 is not significant?

• Like 2