Dell Computer Repair - Fortune Town - Speakers Not Working

Siamesepiggster

A shop called pro corner in Fortune town. I think on the 3rd or 4th floor. Has good reviews.

But getting spares to repair a 5 year old dell is the big problem.

(I also had a dell purchased from a big brand in Thailand. It failed at 5 years and it was impossible to get repaired in Thailand due to unavailability of spares or a motherboard replacement. (to import a new motherboard would have been 9000 baht) Eventually just took out the parts I could salvage  and threw the rest of the dell computer away)

You could also try a small usb sound card usb sound card

Edited by userabcd

Unfortunately, it is most likely controlled by the motherboard ie a chip. 

It is a fairly common fault.

This really cannot be repaired at a reasonable price.

Better off using external speakers.

Edited by Pdavies99

I have a Dell Inspiron. Every time I do a windows update, the speakers do not work.

I know you checked the drivers, but did you reload them after an update?

If the headphones do not work as well, look in  settings, device manager,  audio inputs and  outputs. If working you should see "device working properly". If not, reload the drivers. If you have already done this, sorry for the un-needed post. I've never had internal speakers go bad. It has always been software caused. 

10 hours ago, Siamesepiggster said:

Hi,

Could anyone recommend a computer repair shop in Fortune Town?

I have a Dell notebook that's 5 years old and the speakers have stopped working.

Dell Thailand not interested in repairing.

Not wishing to state the obvious but have you accidentally turned the volume off?

If not then it will almost definitely be down to the motherboard as others have said and so really your options are get rid and start again.

Thanks for all the great advice and recommendations.

As it's a notebook I use it a lot on the move so unfortunately adding external speakers is not really a practical option.

Sounds like it can't be fixed for a reasonable price but I'll try Nick at Pro Corner as a last ditched attempt before forking out for a new notebook.

Thanks.