Non-O (retirement) from USA - Health insurance requirements

I see now it is possible to get a Non-O retirement (90-day single entry) but it needs a health insurance (same requirement as O-A). and no mention of financial requirements (except 700 USD, same as TV). Has anybody recently obtained such a visa from USA e-visa website? What's the cheapest health insurance available to get such a visa. What option you select in e-Visa website. I already know it's possible to convert a TV or visa exempt to Non-O inside Thailand in the immigrations office. Exploring alternative solution to avoid high agent fees for Non-O conversion and  putting 800K in a Thai bank. I know agents who can extend my Non-O for 12-15K inside Thailand without 800K in a Thai bank. 

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/09/30/nonimmigrantoaox/

Edited by Onerak

The insurance for  a non-o visa for retirement was added when they started allowing entries for retirement back in 2020.

You only need 90 days of the insurance to do the application.

Or if you do not want to deal with it your could enter visa exempt and apply for the non-o visa at immigration.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The insurance for  a non-o visa for retirement was added when they started allowing entries for retirement back in 2020.

You only need 90 days of the insurance to do the application.

Or if you do not want to deal with it your could enter visa exempt and apply for the non-o visa at immigration.

From the requirement listed on their website, it seems I don't need any pension letter or money in the bank. Only the insurance. And what's the cheapest insurance now to meet insurance requirements? Want to get a Non-O from USA and then convert to extension inside Thailand using an agent, I know, for 12K-15k. I extended my O-A visa last two years for 15K (no insurance required) when I was kind of trapped in Thailand due to Covid-19. 

• Confused 1

1 forget the agents $15,000. -  $20,000 baht websites are free and simple             2. Yes insurance required price depends on age plus they don’t cover <deleted> lol.       3 yes retirement visa requires $800,000 in bank

can someone post the link for Insurance companies comparison?  I have to do a Thai Pass to return from Vietnam next week.  I'm Non O but I have until Dec.21 on my extension.  Looks like I will need 8 months of coverage.

The link I posted in my post does not mention about any money (except 700 USD required for most visas) or pension letter. Even if it requires money, it is not a problem and easier than converting to a Non-O in side Thailand. I have never dealt with immigration inside Thailand. Always get it done with agents. I stayed two years 20/21 by extending my O-A through an agent for 15K (no insurance or money in the bank required.). I am looking for options to avoid agent fees or putting 800K in a Thai bank and avoiding all the hassle with immigration paperworks, etc. for conversion to an Non-O inside Thailand. 

It seems nobody has gotten a Non-O (retirement) visa in the USA. If somebody has obtained a Non-O, please post your experiences. Thanks

Edited by Onerak
  • Confused 1

Ok, I tried to a do a test run on the e-visa site to check what information and document is required to obtain a Non-O retirement visa in the USA. It asks for 10,000 GBP (13K USD) bank statements for three months (Or pension letter (for USA that will be SS letter) or one month bank deposit of your pension in a bank account). I am waiting for my new Passport and will apply for Non-O in the USA with a bank account with 15K USD and see how that goes. I also have to buy a 3 month insurance which is 7K by Tune insurance). My main goal is not to deposit 800K in a Thai bank and get 12 month extension done by an agent for 15K BHT max. For the last two years I extended my O-A visa for 15K with no insurance and no money in the bank

Can I extend the Non-O (retirement) by 30-day inside Thailand or do I have to  get a retirement extension for 12-month? 

Edited by Onerak

37 minutes ago, Onerak said:

Can I extend the Non-O (retirement) by 30-day inside Thailand or do I have to  get a retirement extension for 12-month? 

There is no 30 day extension for a non-o visa entry. You can only apply for a one year extension of stay.

• Like 1