Passport Expires In 2 Weeks

I have stupidly overlooked the expiry date of my passport and now realise it finishes in a couple of weeks.

The nearest date for an appointment is one week after the expiry date, and they recommend applying 11 weeks early.

Has anyone been in this position, what are my options?

Thank you in advance.

Time to go home and get a new one, on the bright side it's springtime and the weather should be fine.  The embassy could give you an ETD, Emergency Travel Document, but that is only good for travel after your passport expires, not for hanging around in Thailand waiting for a new one to arrive.  Presumably you also have permission to stay issues as well?

You make no mention of any impending visa extensions, so go ahead

with the renewal, which I assume, with the 11-week wait time, is for a

British Passport.

You will retain your old passport intact until the new one comes through,

so will still be good for ID and 90-day reports.

Amazed as ever, that folks get 10 years notice of the expiry date of their

passport yet still.....

27 minutes ago, dick turpin said:

impending visa extensions

How could there not be, if the passport is expiring? The OP has no choice but to go back to UK, where at least he has the benefit of applying online and getting a new passport in a lot less than 11 weeks. Then he has to start the process of establishing his status in Thailand all over again....

17 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

3.  Ask you embassy, not falang

Excellent idea.  Except see post 3;

2 hours ago, blackcab said:

As the British Embassy do not issue or manage passports I will move this topic to the Home Country forum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

How could there not be, if the passport is expiring? The OP has no choice but to go back to UK, where at least he has the benefit of applying online and getting a new passport in a lot less than 11 weeks. Then he has to start the process of establishing his status in Thailand all over again....

You are right, of course if his passport is expiring so is any existing right to stay........evidently not aware of any of this.