Thaksin's Live Performance June 15, 2007

george

No doubt he is in a lot of pain at the moment from slowly losing everything important to him.

People like him never admit being in pain, even to themselves. If you asked him he'd probably go on about the bright side - more time for golf and leisure, to look at the things from a different perspective, to appreciate life and so on.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Bangkok Post piece reporting a Matichon one:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/topstories/tops...s.php?id=119523

Just a couple of quotes

Analysis: Thaksin driven to corner

It was rather strange that such a sizeable protest at Sanam Luang failed to increase public hatred towards the Council for National Security (CNS), and dislike of the interim government.

At this moment, Mr Thaksin and his network have only two choices. They either must accept the truth as it stands, and wait for the right time to return to the political battlefield, or they must vie for violence.

Of course, it is a real dilemma for someone who has to weigh between the interests of the nation and those of himself.

Another quotable quote:

Since the May 30 verdict, whatever movement he has made has been perceived by the public as a struggle solely to protect his family and the “treasure trove”. In other words, the public feels that everything he does is just for himself.

Another quotable quote:
Since the May 30 verdict, whatever movement he has made has been perceived by the public as a struggle solely to protect his family and the “treasure trove”. In other words, the public feels that everything he does is just for himself.

Perhaps a new signature line for you SJ?

Another quotable quote:

I'm more partial to going with this different one.... it sounds more sincere...

What a circus...

8 months since Thaksin was ousted. What are the results of the investigations (dozen) against him and/or his regime ?

Let's see what happens when his fat cow wife goes to court

Another quotable quote:

I'm more partial to going with this different one.... it sounds more sincere...

What a circus...

8 months since Thaksin was ousted. What are the results of the investigations (dozen) against him and/or his regime ?

Let's see what happens when his fat cow wife goes to court

Actually they say in life you will experience at least one time the examples they used in school to teach you. For the moment something I learned back in first grade keeps coming to mind here with Thaksin.

Run Spot run.

See Spot run.

Run, run, run!

Edited by John K

How about a third option:

-they have indeed thought of all this, they have indeed traced all the thai assets, and have "helped" them relocate for the usual service fees of course. :o

I'll bet my solution is more likely than your two <_<

Different wording but same idea. :D

I think Thaksin was smart enough to give money not only to his partisans. But actually to all factions.

By doing this, he has created a large network of little dirty secrets.

Did you know for instance that he gave financial support to people inside the entourage of the royal family ? You should read again the statement that the Palace gave last year, very strong, against an aide of the Crown prince (who have been offered a job as adviser to Temasek).

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/10/28/..._Accusation.php

Hi cclub75 - sorry for late reply = couldn 't handle reading thru 4 more pages..

Anyway - yes, I usually agree with you..and I agree with the Thaksin 'bad guy' scennario. But only a real naive idiot (not you) would think that ridding Thaksin means poor Thais are better off. No they bloody-well are not. They are facing an election with the RICH ESTABLISHMENT candidates/parties as their only choice. Only a RIGHT-WINGER would think that's ok...

And I know you are not one of them. It's not a good outcome ccldub75. Not for most people. It's time to go quiet mate. Theyand their well-healed followers have won. Sad but true..that's the end of it. They won. Thaigene2 signs off here..