Where to FIND: Airport Environmental Noise Mapping Info….Here….in Thailand…for various major cities?

My Dearest Friends,

I don’t know if you might be like I, a humble person, and a person sometimes drowned out by overhead noise emanating from aircraft engines.  I do not mind the streamlined slipstream sounds of the aircraft, so much.  However, what really bugs me about aircraft overhead is their CFM, GE and Rolls Royce engines, not to mention Pratt & Whitney, all great companies, it must be admitted, for sure.

Anyway, every time I am lying in my garden having a conversation with my loved one, and just as we are about to get to the punch line, then, often as not, some large jet airliner, (maybe a Boeing 777),  passes overhead, roaring, and this always spoils the mood.  Even, sometimes, my thing goes from being straight up to being half-past six (liu dian ban) on such occasions, and understandably so.

After many years of this, I have decided to relocate.

However, where to go?

How do I know where to rent or buy a place to live if I do not have accurate airport noise mapping info.

In my opinion, this information must exist somewhere, and be readily available. If only one knew where to find it. And  this would be helpful to all those who love to make love in their gardens, especially during peak holiday seasons when aircraft fly far too much.

So, do you know?

Where to get noise mapping information for airports, here?

Obviously, there is a tradeoff in this situation:

a. We like to have our airports close to the city, just for convenience sake.

b. We do not like to have large jet aircraft flying overhead blessing us with sounds of their whining engines, even though most aircraft these days only have two engines, instead of four.

So, anyway:

Where to find noise mapping maps for airports in major cities here?

Do You Know?

Surely, with this helpful information, we might find it easier to seek out quieter places to call our own. And, these places might add years to our lives, if one can believe studies done concerning this important issue.

Best regards,

Glob

Note:  Please leave your helpful comments below, as usual.  Thank you.

Note2:  Although it is true that I am now planning to move, due to radically increasing airport noise pollution after the virus lockdowns, I am not asking this question solely for myself.  During Covid lockdowns, my present place was quiet and peaceful, and it was true heaven.  Several months ago, the noise began to pick up.  And now, due this factor, I must pick up sticks.  Where to go?  I need to first check airport noise maps.  But where to find them?  I do not know.  These maps, normally, extend far out from the airport runways, by 10 kilometers, I would imagine. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Thought you were celebate ?

Surely just stay outside the 5km radius of the Airport

would be a reasonable guesstimate. Its not like there are that many of them. ????

Might help if you stated which Airport you are actually referring to ?

• Thanks 1

Funniest post ever... Thailand and noise maps... bike noise, bar noise, loud music noise, car exhaust modification noise... all much worse and annoying than airplanes.

And... what you need when you think about relocating are burn maps and flooding maps, those are the key things you need to know

Edited by Swiss1960
  • Haha 2

Is this a serious thread?

I would ask where do I have to move for some roaring airplane noise?

Where are you? Straight line from Suvarnabhumi runway??

For no airport noise you could move to our area but I refrain from listing the endless other noise pestering.

20km in the extension of runways and 10km radius unless protected by hills which cannot be overflown. Noise maps only reflect actual situation and take off and approach routes may change.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Is this a serious thread?

I would ask where do I have to move for some roaring airplane noise?

Where are you? Straight line from Suvarnabhumi runway??

For no airport noise you could move to our area but I refrain from listing the endless other noise pestering.

Yes. 

It's serious. 

This thread is the only serious submission that I have posted during the past 24 months. 

For some of us, constant noise due to overflying jet aircraft is a serious issue. 

Having access to airport environmental noise maps might be seriously helpful to us when we are ready to make our next relocation. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Actually it "immunoglobulin"  the antibody thats fights off the iinfections  nvaders, bacteria, (trolls ?) and keeps the body healthy. ????

If I might be of some help, the best way to avoid trolls is to stay on TV. 

Why? 

Because, here on TV, we are self-policing. 

We are intelligent enough to recognize a troll, and then weed it out. 

As is well known by medical doctors, we can't cure that which we are unable to see. 

Take care, my friend. 

Be well. 

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're (finally) admitting to serial trolling of the forum for the last two years?   Should be a rule against it.

No! 

Please read the preamble to the constitution of our Farang Pub. 

The Farang Pub is for purposes of serious amusement, entertainment, and fun. 

No one here is against fun, providing that the fun is well moderated. 

• Confused 1

I disagree. I feel that GG serves a useful purpose here on the pub. It gives me solace that my lifestyle here in Thailand largely involves socializing with (much) younger Thai women who do not speak English and, other than that, leading the life of a veritable social recluse.

Like the Woody Allen - Annie Hall clip I posted a few days ago, how would you like to get stuck on a line with a guy who thinks he knows everything?

3 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

I disagree. I feel that GG serves a useful purpose here on the pub. It gives me solace that my lifestyle here in Thailand largely involves socializing with (much) younger Thai women who do not speak English and, other than that, leading the life of a veritable social recluse.

Like the Woody Allen - Annie Hall clip I posted a few days ago, how would you like to get stuck on a line with a guy who thinks he knows everything?

So, what you are stating is that Annie Hall is not a film to die for? 

Also, how many polymaths do you know? 

Would you even know one if you encountered one? 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

So, what you are stating is that Annie Hall is not a film to die for? 

Also, how many polymaths do you know? 

Would you even know one if you encountered one? 

Are you suggesting I have met one on here?

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Haha 1

Just now, jerrymahoney said:

Are you suggesting I have met on on here?

Please be informed:

This is a serious topic and not a satirical one. 

Also, if anyone were to tell you that you had met a polymath, anywhere, no doubt that you would insist you hadn't. 

You know, even if you met a god, you might yet refuse to recognize her. 

• Sad 1