Has anyone recently been approved for a credit card in Thailand

10 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Nope 

OTP not required for my overseas transactions. 

Interesting ! I did use it once in Singapore pre covid....but it was done like at Lotus using a machine and entering PIN.  But not tried an."online" purchase.

The roaming charges for AIS sim card overseas are outrageous, so I remove it and just use wifi..

24 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Interesting ! I did use it once in Singapore pre covid....but it was done like at Lotus using a machine and entering PIN.  But not tried an."online" purchase.

The roaming charges for AIS sim card overseas are outrageous, so I remove it and just use wifi..

Try it next time you're abroad, it shocked me when the transaction went through, just keyed in my PIN. 

And, yes AIS roaming charges are expensive. 

I was in Singapore a few years back, AIS roaming minimum charge of 399 baht per month (if I remember) for around 100mb download, I opted for that plan so I could use my LINE app only. 

Got my credit card 2 months ago. At first I got rejected at all banks but someone tipped me I had to reapply once 1 year had passed on my work permit. I did it week after 1 year working mark and got approved in 3 days for a 250k limit without any blockade or Thai co signer.

I think you just make too little or your job seems unstable or both. To be honest with my salary I was surprised I had been refused before but they must have 0 trust for foreigners nowadays.

Most purchases I make with QR code or debit card but the Thai credit cards have good bonuses, lounge access and 0% installments so it's worth getting one.

Ah and it's from Kazikiem, but I am going to get another one soon. Also got car finance from them without any issues.

Edited by Kalorymetr

17 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

One thing with my latest Bangkok Bank debit card is that it's Union Pay (Chinese), not Visa or Mastercard. Many western banks ATM's don't accept Union Pay cards, although that's no longer an issue for me.

You can get a Bangkok bank Be 1st Master Card (contactless) if you want. The restriction to Union Pay only cards was for a couple of years and was dropped around 3~4 years ago. They may not offer the master card but if you ask or insist it is available, they may not carry them in stock so you might have to go back for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You can get a Bangkok bank Be 1st Master Card (contactless) if you want. The restriction to Union Pay only cards was for a couple of years and was dropped around 3~4 years ago. They may not offer the master card but if you ask or insist it is available, they may not carry them in stock so you might have to go back for it.

OK, thanks. I no longer live in Thailand, not for 3 1/2 years now, so no longer an issue. (If I win the lottery, I'll be back!????).

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 8:34 AM, KannikaP said:

Is a CREDIT CARD, where you must cover the limit with money in your bank, not the same as a DEBIT CARD?

The only difference I can see is that with a Credit Card the money comes out at the end of the month if you do not pay it off then, whereas with a Debit Card it comes out immediately you use it.

As I see it, you put say Bht 100,000 in the bank to cover the C Card and cannot touch it unless you do not pay the balance when due. Then THEY touch it!

Surely the definition of CREDIT is using money which is NOT yours on which you pay interest.

When a hotel wants a security deposit, this can only be done with a credit card or cash. A debit card will not work the same.

On a credit card the can put a hold on some money, which will be released again at the end. With a debit card the money is gone from your account right away.

That's the reason why a credit card is so much easier for car rental as well.

• Like 1

Account with Bangkok Bang, good salary:

asked 6 months ago for the AirAsia credit card, never received a feedback

wanted to ask again in a different branch 1 month ago, I forgot to bring the Work permit,

so I came back few days ago but now they say it cannot be done on foreigner !

try again and may be lucky? 555

at list I've got the famous Bangkok bank Be 1st Master Card that works pretty well