Baggage handler stabbed at Suvarnabhumi airport

webfact

On 4/12/2022 at 10:39 AM, richard_smith237 said:

That was my initial thought, but in well over a 100 flights nothing has ever disappeared from my baggage (I’m not sure my baggage has ever even been opened By anyone airside).

I had my checked in bag opened and stuff stolen when I worked offshore Malaysia going on a domestic flight from KL to Kuala Terrenganu or somewhere similar. It was padlocked up with only a travel padlock purchased at an airport somewhere, so they must have used that device Customs have to get in. Only a few items were stolen, nothing of great value; aftershave, a couple of t-shirts etc. 

After that i upgraded to heavier duty padlocks and never have had problems since. 

Also had clothing stolen from inside my hotel room in the Hilton in KL once.

Can't say I have ever had anything stolen on a flight or in hotels in Thailand, however I have been a victim of an attempted extortion scam at Suvarnabhumi shortly after it opened in 2007 and I was stranded in Phnom Penh when the Yellow Shirts took over the airport by force in 2008.

On 4/12/2022 at 9:23 AM, hughrection said:

Possibly, fighting over who gets to open what flights luggage to check for items allegedly. Some flights are more lucrative that others. ????

seen some documentary on this its amazing the way they can steal from cases